About This Chapter
Higher Education & Governance in India - Chapter Summary
Study higher education and governance in India with this collection of engaging lessons and quizzes. The chapter outlines the types of higher education that are available in India and identifies the country's central universities. You'll also study the Parliament of India's purpose and the different levels of Panchayati Raj. After completing the chapter, you should be able to:
- Evaluate the different types of higher education in India
- Recognize central universities in India
- Outline the three levels of Panchayati Raj
- Understand the structure and purpose of the Parliament of India
Each lesson comes with a short quiz to help you check your understanding of these Indian education topics. Our expert instructors are available to answer your questions if you need any extra help. The chapter is available at any time of day or night, which helps you study whenever you have free time. You can also revisit lessons as many times as needed and use any computer or mobile device to access the chapter material.
1. Types of Higher Education in India
In this lesson, we discuss the various types of higher education institutes in the country of India. These include schools that offer distance, formal, general, professional, technical, and value educations.
2. Central Universities in India
In this lesson we discuss the Central Universities of India, including their formation, locations, and purpose. In addition, we will provide many examples, including the well-known University of Delhi.
3. Panchayati Raj: Definition & Levels
The Panchayati Raj system was a common government structure used throughout South Asian countries for nearly 2000 years. In this article learn about the historical and modern use of Panchayati Raj in India.
4. Parliament of India: Purpose & Structure
The Parliament of India is set up similarly to British Parliament. They have two houses, a prime minister, and a president. This lesson provides a breakdown of the structure of the parliament and the purpose of each area.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the UGC NET General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude: Exam Prep course
- Learning Styles & Effective Teaching
- Student Evaluation Systems
- Research Methodologies for Educators
- Reading Passage Construction & Comprehension
- Communication & Media in the Classroom
- Reasoning, Analogies & Logic
- Interpretation of Data
- Information & Computer Technology
- People & the Environment
- UGC NET General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude Flashcards