About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Identify the lessons in the History Alive! Themes of World History chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons with this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the world history topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- Societal migration
- Causes and effects of historical change
- Primary and secondary historical research resources
- Major periods of world history from 8000 BCE to the present
History Alive! is a registered trademark of TCI, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Recurring Themes in History: Societal Migration, Evolution, Aggression & Industrialization
In this lesson, we will examine some recurring themes throughout history. We will see how societal migration, cultural transformation, conflicts, industrialization, and other trends help facilitate historical development.
2. Historical Change: Causes and Effects
In this lesson, we will examine historical change. We will learn what factors contribute to historical change and see how historical change is perceived through different classifications.
3. Historical Methodology: Evidence and Interpretation
In this lesson. we will learn about historical methodology. We will learn how history is constructed based on evidence and how various interpretations are formulated.
4. Primary vs. Secondary Resources in Historical Research
Good history and good cooking can both be ruined by not using the proper ingredients. This lesson explains why that is true while describing the roles of primary and secondary sources.
5. Periods of World History: Overviews of Eras from 8000 B.C.E to the Present
In this lesson, we will look at the six periods of world history. We will learn the defining characteristics of each and highlight the major themes associated with each period.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TCI History Alive World Connections: Online Textbook Help course
- History Alive Chapter 2: Era Overview - Foundations of World History, Prehistory-300 C.E.
- History Alive Chapter 3: World Religions
- History Alive Chapter 4: Era Overview - Expanding Interactions, 300-1500 C.E.
- History Alive Chapter 5: Feudalism's Decline
- History Alive Chapter 6: Byzantine Empire
- History Alive Chapter 7: The Political Development of Imperial China
- History Alive Chapter 8: Ghana - A West African Trading Empire
- History Alive Chapter 9: Achievements of the Mayas, Aztecs & Incas
- History Alive Chapter 10: Era Overview - The First Global Age, 1400-1799
- History Alive Chapter 11: Expanding Empires Outside Europe
- History Alive Chapter 12: Transformations in Europe
- History Alive Chapter 13: Toward a Global Economy
- History Alive Chapter 14: Era Overview - An Age of Global Revolutions, 1700s-1914
- History Alive Chapter 15: Political Revolutions & Their Legacies
- History Alive Chapter 16: The Industrial Revolution
- History Alive Chapter 17: Imperialism Throughout the World
- History Alive Chapter 18: Era Overview - Global Crisis & Achievement, 1900-1945
- History Alive Chapter 19: World War I
- History Alive Chapter 20: The Russian Revolution
- History Alive Chapter 21: Foreign Influences & Revolutions in the Americas
- History Alive Chapter 22: North Africa & the Middle East
- History Alive Chapter 23: The Rise of Fascism & Totalitarian States
- History Alive Chapter 24: World War II
- History Alive Chapter 25: Forces for Independence & Revolution in Asia
- History Alive Chapter 26: Era Overview - The Cold War & Beyond, 1945-Present
- History Alive Chapter 27: The Cold War & the Third World
- History Alive Chapter 28: Movements Toward Independence & Democracy
- History Alive Chapter 29: Shifts of Power in the Middle East
- History Alive Chapter 30: Contemporary Global Issues