About This Chapter
How It Works
- Identify the lessons in the History Alive! Expanding Empires Outside Europe chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons with this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the empire expansion outside of Europe topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
You'll learn all of the history topics covered in the textbook chapter, including:
- Ming Dynasty achievements
- China's society and culture in the Ming and Qing Dynasties
- Emergence of empires in Eurasia
- Decline of Muslim empires
- Empires in Russian during the Age of Discovery
History Alive! is a registered trademark of Teachers' Curriculum Institute, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Ming Dynasty Achievements: Art & Technology
In this lesson, you will explore the art and technology of the Ming dynasty as Chinese artists and engineers rediscovered their Chinese identity. Then, test your understanding with a brief quiz.
2. China During the Ming & Qing Dynasties (1368-1911)
The last two dynasties in Chinese history were the Ming and the Qing. Although quite different, they faced many of the same issues, and often the Qing copied the Ming, even in their mistakes.
3. Chinese Society & Culture During the Ming & Qing Dynasties (1368-1911)
The Ming and Qing dynasties were the last Imperial dynasties and demonstrated the zenith of many Chinese cultural achievements, from art to literature to architecture. However, the greatest achievement in the mind of the Chinese was food.
4. The Emergence of Three Empires in Eurasia: Ottoman, Safavid & Mughal
This lesson focuses on the Ottoman empire of Turkey, the Safavid Empire of Iran, and the Mughal Empire of India and Pakistan. It highlights the terms theocracy, ghazi, and God-ism.
5. Decline of the Muslim Empires: Ottomans, Safavids & Mughals
During the 15th and 16th centuries, the most powerful countries in the world weren't in Europe or East Asia, but in the Islamic World. This lesson explains how they went from greatness to ruin.
6. Russian Empires in the Age of Discovery
In this lesson, we will learn about the role of the Russian Empire during the Age of Discovery. We will identify the achievements of Russian explorers during this time, and highlight key developments and themes.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TCI History Alive World Connections: Online Textbook Help course
- History Alive Chapter 1: Themes of World History
- History Alive Chapter 2: Era Overview - Foundations of World History, Prehistory-300 C.E.
- History Alive Chapter 3: World Religions
- History Alive Chapter 4: Era Overview - Expanding Interactions, 300-1500 C.E.
- History Alive Chapter 5: Feudalism's Decline
- History Alive Chapter 6: Byzantine Empire
- History Alive Chapter 7: The Political Development of Imperial China
- History Alive Chapter 8: Ghana - A West African Trading Empire
- History Alive Chapter 9: Achievements of the Mayas, Aztecs & Incas
- History Alive Chapter 10: Era Overview - The First Global Age, 1400-1799
- History Alive Chapter 12: Transformations in Europe
- History Alive Chapter 13: Toward a Global Economy
- History Alive Chapter 14: Era Overview - An Age of Global Revolutions, 1700s-1914
- History Alive Chapter 15: Political Revolutions & Their Legacies
- History Alive Chapter 16: The Industrial Revolution
- History Alive Chapter 17: Imperialism Throughout the World
- History Alive Chapter 18: Era Overview - Global Crisis & Achievement, 1900-1945
- History Alive Chapter 19: World War I
- History Alive Chapter 20: The Russian Revolution
- History Alive Chapter 21: Foreign Influences & Revolutions in the Americas
- History Alive Chapter 22: North Africa & the Middle East
- History Alive Chapter 23: The Rise of Fascism & Totalitarian States
- History Alive Chapter 24: World War II
- History Alive Chapter 25: Forces for Independence & Revolution in Asia
- History Alive Chapter 26: Era Overview - The Cold War & Beyond, 1945-Present
- History Alive Chapter 27: The Cold War & the Third World
- History Alive Chapter 28: Movements Toward Independence & Democracy
- History Alive Chapter 29: Shifts of Power in the Middle East
- History Alive Chapter 30: Contemporary Global Issues