About This Chapter
How It Works
- Identify the lessons in the History Alive! World Connections Transformations in Europe chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons with this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the transformations in Europe topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
You'll learn all of the history topics covered in the textbook chapter, including:
- Timeline of the English Reformation
- Key figures in the Renaissance
- Scientific Revolution leaders and causes
- Enlightenment ideas and thinkers
- Scientific innovations and discoveries in the Enlightenment
History Alive! is a registered trademark of Teachers' Curriculum Institute, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. The English Reformation: History and Timeline
In this lesson, we will examine the English Reformation of the 16th century. Using a timeline, we will explore its motivations, major leaders, and development.
2. Important Figures of the Renaissance
In this lesson, we'll learn about some of the important figures of the Renaissance. We'll highlight their significant contributions and achievements, and we'll place them in the context of the Renaissance period.
3. The Scientific Revolution: Definition, History, Causes & Leaders
In this lesson we explore the Scientific Revolution and the controversy which surrounds the very term. Additionally, we learn about just a few of the most important thinkers of the period who laid the foundation for our modern understanding of the world.
4. The Enlightenment Thinkers & Their Ideas
In this lesson, we discuss the varied and diverse 18th-century intellectual movement known as the Enlightenment. In addition to exploring its background and nature, we highlight several of the era's chief philosophers and their ideas.
5. Science During the Enlightenment Period: Innovations, Discoveries & Major Figures
In this lesson, we will learn about the Scientific Revolution that preceded the Enlightenment. We will highlight the major themes, innovations, discoveries, and figures associated with this revolution in science.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TCI History Alive World Connections: Online Textbook Help course
- History Alive Chapter 1: Themes of World History
- History Alive Chapter 2: Era Overview - Foundations of World History, Prehistory-300 C.E.
- History Alive Chapter 3: World Religions
- History Alive Chapter 4: Era Overview - Expanding Interactions, 300-1500 C.E.
- History Alive Chapter 5: Feudalism's Decline
- History Alive Chapter 6: Byzantine Empire
- History Alive Chapter 7: The Political Development of Imperial China
- History Alive Chapter 8: Ghana - A West African Trading Empire
- History Alive Chapter 9: Achievements of the Mayas, Aztecs & Incas
- History Alive Chapter 10: Era Overview - The First Global Age, 1400-1799
- History Alive Chapter 11: Expanding Empires Outside Europe
- History Alive Chapter 13: Toward a Global Economy
- History Alive Chapter 14: Era Overview - An Age of Global Revolutions, 1700s-1914
- History Alive Chapter 15: Political Revolutions & Their Legacies
- History Alive Chapter 16: The Industrial Revolution
- History Alive Chapter 17: Imperialism Throughout the World
- History Alive Chapter 18: Era Overview - Global Crisis & Achievement, 1900-1945
- History Alive Chapter 19: World War I
- History Alive Chapter 20: The Russian Revolution
- History Alive Chapter 21: Foreign Influences & Revolutions in the Americas
- History Alive Chapter 22: North Africa & the Middle East
- History Alive Chapter 23: The Rise of Fascism & Totalitarian States
- History Alive Chapter 24: World War II
- History Alive Chapter 25: Forces for Independence & Revolution in Asia
- History Alive Chapter 26: Era Overview - The Cold War & Beyond, 1945-Present
- History Alive Chapter 27: The Cold War & the Third World
- History Alive Chapter 28: Movements Toward Independence & Democracy
- History Alive Chapter 29: Shifts of Power in the Middle East
- History Alive Chapter 30: Contemporary Global Issues