About This Chapter
How It Works
- Identify the lessons in the History Alive! Political Revolutions & Their Legacies chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons with this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the legacies of political revolutions topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
You'll learn all of the history topics covered in the textbook chapter, including:
- The American Enlightenment
- Events of the American Revolution
- French Revolution's events and timeline
- History of Central American's independence
History Alive! is a registered trademark of Teachers' Curriculum Institute, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. The American Enlightenment: Intellectual and Social Revolution
For a thousand years, Europe had been living in the Dark Ages until a series of philosophical, religious and scientific movements helped turn on the lights. The Enlightenment began in Europe, but quickly spread throughout America in the 1700s and helped set the stage for a revolution against British rule.
2. The American Revolution: Timeline & Major Events
In this lesson, we will take a big-picture look at the American Revolution. We will place it within the context of a timeline, and we will highlight major events and themes.
3. The French Revolution: Timeline & Major Events
In this lesson, we will learn about the French Revolution. We will examine the causes of the French Revolution and highlight the key themes and events associated with it.
4. Independence for Central America: History, Timeline & Events
In this lesson, we will take a look at Central American independence from Spanish colonial rule. We will learn what led to these independence movements, and we will highlight key themes.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TCI History Alive World Connections: Online Textbook Help course
- History Alive Chapter 1: Themes of World History
- History Alive Chapter 2: Era Overview - Foundations of World History, Prehistory-300 C.E.
- History Alive Chapter 3: World Religions
- History Alive Chapter 4: Era Overview - Expanding Interactions, 300-1500 C.E.
- History Alive Chapter 5: Feudalism's Decline
- History Alive Chapter 6: Byzantine Empire
- History Alive Chapter 7: The Political Development of Imperial China
- History Alive Chapter 8: Ghana - A West African Trading Empire
- History Alive Chapter 9: Achievements of the Mayas, Aztecs & Incas
- History Alive Chapter 10: Era Overview - The First Global Age, 1400-1799
- History Alive Chapter 11: Expanding Empires Outside Europe
- History Alive Chapter 12: Transformations in Europe
- History Alive Chapter 13: Toward a Global Economy
- History Alive Chapter 14: Era Overview - An Age of Global Revolutions, 1700s-1914
- History Alive Chapter 16: The Industrial Revolution
- History Alive Chapter 17: Imperialism Throughout the World
- History Alive Chapter 18: Era Overview - Global Crisis & Achievement, 1900-1945
- History Alive Chapter 19: World War I
- History Alive Chapter 20: The Russian Revolution
- History Alive Chapter 21: Foreign Influences & Revolutions in the Americas
- History Alive Chapter 22: North Africa & the Middle East
- History Alive Chapter 23: The Rise of Fascism & Totalitarian States
- History Alive Chapter 24: World War II
- History Alive Chapter 25: Forces for Independence & Revolution in Asia
- History Alive Chapter 26: Era Overview - The Cold War & Beyond, 1945-Present
- History Alive Chapter 27: The Cold War & the Third World
- History Alive Chapter 28: Movements Toward Independence & Democracy
- History Alive Chapter 29: Shifts of Power in the Middle East
- History Alive Chapter 30: Contemporary Global Issues