About This Chapter
How It Works
- Identify the lessons in the History Alive! World Connections Political Development of Imperial China chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons with this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the Imperial China topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- Daily life in Imperial China
- The Imperial State and the Scholar-Official class
- China's reunification in the Tang Dynasty
- Han Dynasty's political contributions
History Alive! is a registered trademark of TCI, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Daily Life in Imperial China
This lesson details how the people of Imperial China lived, including their religion, home life, and diets. In addition, you will learn about differences in social class, education, and ancient Chinese working life.
2. The Imperial State & Scholar-Official Class in Middle Imperial China
In this lesson, you will explore the rise of the Scholar-Official class in China and discover how education and government worked together to create a strong empire. Then, test your understanding with a brief quiz.
3. Reunification of China in the Tang Dynasty
In this lesson, you'll explore the complex period of reunification between two powerful dynasties in Chinese history as warlords fought each other for power. You'll discover exactly how the Tang Dynasty put China back together again. Test your understanding afterward with a brief quiz.
4. Political Contributions of the Han Dynasty
The Han Dynasty's impact on Chinese history is almost impossible to understate. This lesson provides details as to the organization of the Han, as well as how they were able to grow increasingly powerful.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TCI History Alive World Connections: Online Textbook Help course
- History Alive Chapter 1: Themes of World History
- History Alive Chapter 2: Era Overview - Foundations of World History, Prehistory-300 C.E.
- History Alive Chapter 3: World Religions
- History Alive Chapter 4: Era Overview - Expanding Interactions, 300-1500 C.E.
- History Alive Chapter 5: Feudalism's Decline
- History Alive Chapter 6: Byzantine Empire
- History Alive Chapter 8: Ghana - A West African Trading Empire
- History Alive Chapter 9: Achievements of the Mayas, Aztecs & Incas
- History Alive Chapter 10: Era Overview - The First Global Age, 1400-1799
- History Alive Chapter 11: Expanding Empires Outside Europe
- History Alive Chapter 12: Transformations in Europe
- History Alive Chapter 13: Toward a Global Economy
- History Alive Chapter 14: Era Overview - An Age of Global Revolutions, 1700s-1914
- History Alive Chapter 15: Political Revolutions & Their Legacies
- History Alive Chapter 16: The Industrial Revolution
- History Alive Chapter 17: Imperialism Throughout the World
- History Alive Chapter 18: Era Overview - Global Crisis & Achievement, 1900-1945
- History Alive Chapter 19: World War I
- History Alive Chapter 20: The Russian Revolution
- History Alive Chapter 21: Foreign Influences & Revolutions in the Americas
- History Alive Chapter 22: North Africa & the Middle East
- History Alive Chapter 23: The Rise of Fascism & Totalitarian States
- History Alive Chapter 24: World War II
- History Alive Chapter 25: Forces for Independence & Revolution in Asia
- History Alive Chapter 26: Era Overview - The Cold War & Beyond, 1945-Present
- History Alive Chapter 27: The Cold War & the Third World
- History Alive Chapter 28: Movements Toward Independence & Democracy
- History Alive Chapter 29: Shifts of Power in the Middle East
- History Alive Chapter 30: Contemporary Global Issues