About This Chapter
History of Christianity for Kids - Chapter Summary
Our helpful and informative chapter on the history of Christianity explains the origins of the religion to your student, as well as how Christianity is practiced around the world. Other topics include Christian symbols, the denominations of Christianity and how it is different from Judaism. Use the short quiz after each lesson to test your student's skills or get ready for an upcoming exam. If your student has any difficulty with the subjects along the way, you're welcome to contact a professional instructor for help.
- The origins and history of Christianity
- How Christianity is different and the same around the world
- The role Constantine played in Christianity
- The meanings of Christian symbols
- The denominations associated with Christianity
- How Judaism and Christianity are different
- Christianity during the Middle Ages
- The ways Islam and Christianity are similar and different
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with the history of Christianity will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about Christianity's history.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the history of Christianity
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about Christianity's history
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about social studies (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about the history of Christianity
- Students who struggle to understand their social studies teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra social studies resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover topics related to the history of Christianity that your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about the history of Christianity.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands Christianity's origins by completing the History of Christianity for Kids chapter exam.
1. History & Origin of Christianity: Lesson for Kids
Christianity is the largest religion in the world, but how did it all start? In this lesson, discover the beginnings of a religion that got its start over 2,000 yrs ago!
2. Christianity Around the World: Lesson for Kids
Christianity is the world's largest religion. Have you ever thought about who all these Christians are and where they live? In this lesson, discover the spread of Christianity across the world!
3. Constantine & Christianity: Lesson for Kids
Constantine was a Roman emperor that stood up for Christianity in a time when the faith was not accepted. He helped to make the religion legal, and he created cathedrals and united the religion. In this lesson, you will learn about Constantine and his faith.
4. Christian Symbols & Meanings: Lesson for Kids
Throughout the history of Christianity, certain symbols have been important to believers as important signs of their faith. In this lesson, you will learn about popular Christian symbols and their meanings.
5. Denominations of Christianity: Lesson for Kids
Did you know that Christianity is one of the largest religions in the world? Come and learn about three of the main denominations in this lesson, with a focus on their similarities and differences.
6. Differences Between Judaism & Christianity: Lesson for Kids
There are many different religions in the world. Two of the most well-known are Judaism and Christianity. These faiths have much in common, but they also have many differences, which you will learn about in this lesson.
7. Christianity in the Middle Ages: Lesson for Kids
Christianity was the dominant religion of Europe during the Middle Ages, a period between about 500 and 1500, with almost the entire continent following the Catholic Church. Learn about the spread of Christianity across Europe and its changes in this lesson.
8. Similarities & Differences Between Islam & Christianity: Lesson for Kids
Christianity and Islam are two monotheistic religions based on the shared idea of one God, though with very significant differences about who God is and how people should worship. Learn about the differences between these two religions in this lesson.
9. Catholic Emancipation Lesson for Kids
For hundreds of years, Catholics living in Britain were unable to vote or join the government until Catholic Emancipation in the early 1800s. Learn about the origin of these laws and how they were overturned in this lesson.
10. St. Augustine of Hippo: Lesson for Kids
Saint Augustine of Hippo is remembered as one of the greatest writers in the history of Christianity. His famous works shaped the religion for centuries after his death. Learn about his life and legacy in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Social Studies for Kids course
- Civics & Government for Elementary School
- Early United States History for Elementary School
- Geography for Elementary School
- Famous People for Elementary School
- Colonial America for Elementary School
- Native American History for Elementary School
- Famous Americans for Elementary School
- Ancient Civilizations for Elementary School
- Inventions Lessons for Elementary School
- European History for Elementary School
- World Conflicts for Elementary School
- Economics for Elementary School
- 20th Century World History for Elementary School
- The Revolutionary War for Elementary School
- Civil War Lessons for Elementary School
- Post-Civil War for Elementary School
- 20th Century American History for Elementary School
- Roman History for Elementary School
- US States for Elementary School
- Countries of the World for Elementary School
- Famous World Landmarks for Elementary School
- Roman Culture for Kids
- Roman Leaders for Kids
- Castle History for Elementary School
- Civil Rights Activists for Elementary School