About This Chapter
History TEKS - Chapter Summary
This chapter's video lessons will go over key topics from history that will be taught in Texas history classes to meet TEKS guidelines. Some of the subjects covered in these lessons are:
- Ancient history
- Techniques for planning world history curriculum
- Early American history
- How to align curriculum with US history standards set by TEKS
Texas educators will find these video lessons to be great and comprehensive guides to all of the specific requirements for teaching history in Texas. The chapter also provides lesson quizzes and a final exam, so teachers can make sure that they have grasped the basic concepts from the lessons.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: These lessons will help you go over the key historical topics you will need to know when teaching history in Texas schools.
- Provides timelines: Teachers will be presented with the basic historical timeline in which the most significant historical events occurred in order to properly teach them to their students.
- Conforms to guidelines: You can learn the major historical events and topics that conform to the Texas educational guidelines.
Go through this chapter so you can:
- Know which major historical events to cover when teaching history to your students
- Explore these topics in your classroom in ways that will maximize your students' education
- Understand the specific guidelines for teaching history to students in the state of Texas
- Ensure that your lessons conform to all state educational guidelines
1. US History TEKS: Curriculum Planning & Alignment
If you are a secondary teacher in Texas, you understand the importance of aligning your curriculum with TEKS. This lesson gives you some ideas of how to plan in accordance with the standards.
2. World History TEKS: Curriculum Planning & Alignment
One of the TEKS requirements for Texas high school social studies classes is World History. This survey course can be challenging to plan! Use this lesson as your guide for curriculum planning and alignment.
3. Texas Symbols Lesson Plan for Elementary School
Use this lesson plan to teach students about the symbols for the state of Texas. Students will do a close reading of an informational text, identify key facts and ideas, take a quiz, and do a higher-level activity to demonstrate understanding.
4. Texas Regions Lesson Plan
With this lesson plan, your students are going to learn about the four major geographical regions of Texas. They will expand upon this by creating tourism pamphlets identifying features of each region.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Resources for Texas Educators course
- Kindergarten TEKS
- First Grade TEKS
- Second Grade TEKS
- Third Grade TEKS
- Fourth Grade TEKS
- Fifth Grade TEKS
- Sixth Grade TEKS
- Seventh Grade TEKS
- Eighth Grade TEKS
- Science TEKS
- Subject Area TEKS
- Special Education in Texas
- Texas Education Laws & Policies
- Texas Teacher Certification & Professional Development