About This Chapter
TEAS Test: Algebraic Applications - Chapter Summary
This chapter was assembled to help individuals, like yourself, prepare for the TEAS test by improving their algebraic skills. It is composed of a series of short lessons that will outline the process of:
- Writing and solving equations with a single variable
- Finding unknowns of proportions
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing polynomials
- Changing word problems to algebraic expressions
- Solving one-step equations
- Going from math sentences to inequalities
- Solving absolute value equations and inequalities
Each lesson can be accessed on a mobile device, so you can study them even if you are not at a computer. After you complete each lesson, you will have the opportunity to test your knowledge using the lesson's quiz. Find topics you don't understand by reviewing your quiz results, and then look through the lessons again to improve your comprehension.
1. Writing & Solving Addition Equations with One Variable
After watching this video lesson, you will know how to properly write an addition equation and how to solve any addition equation that you come across. Learn what the steps are to solve these equations that have one variable in them.
2. Writing & Solving Subtraction Equations with One Variable
After watching this video lesson, you will know what is needed in order to write a subtraction equation. You will also know how to solve any subtraction equation that you are given or that you write.
3. Writing & Solving Multiplication Equations with One Variable
After watching this video lesson, you will know the components that go into a complete multiplication equation. You will also learn the steps that are needed to solve a multiplication equation.
4. Writing & Solving Division Equations with One Variable
In this video lesson, you will learn the proper format of a division equation. Learn what components are needed for a complete division equation. Also learn what steps you need to take to solve these division equations.
5. How to Find an Unknown in a Proportion
Artists, engineers, athletes, and accountants all use proportions in their daily lives, and setting them up is really quite easy, once you know the rules. In this lesson, you'll learn how to solve proportions when there is an unknown value and work on some practice problems.
6. Translating Words to Algebraic Expressions
When it comes to word problems, the easiest way to solve them is to look for keywords and change them into math symbols. Watch this video lesson to find out what keywords you should look for and what math symbols they represent.
7. Defining, Translating, & Solving One-Step Equations
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can write a simple math equation when you are given a word problem. Learn how to translate words into math symbols. Learn the shortcuts to remember.
8. Translating Math Sentences to Inequalities
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can easily translate math sentences into inequalities. Once you know how to do this, solving word problems becomes that much easier.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TEAS Test Study Guide course
- TEAS Test: Reading Analysis
- TEAS Test: Passage Comprehension
- TEAS Test: Analyzing Sources
- TEAS Test: Informational Source Comprehension
- TEAS Test: Grammar
- TEAS Test: Writing & Word Meanings in Context
- TEAS Test: Spelling
- TEAS Test: Punctuation
- TEAS Test: Sentence Structure
- TEAS Test: Mathematic Calculations
- TEAS Test: Fractions, Decimals & Percents
- TEAS Test: Numbers & Operations
- TEAS Test: Data Interpretation
- TEAS Test: Measurement
- TEAS Test: General Anatomy & Physiology
- TEAS Test: Reproductive System
- TEAS Test: Life Science
- TEAS Test: Genetics
- TEAS Test: Properties of Matter
- TEAS Test: Scientific Reasoning
- TEAS Test Flashcards