About This Chapter
Holding Productive Meetings - Chapter Summary
This chapter is designed to bolster your understanding of holding productive meetings. Take a look at effective meeting management and its elements as well as effective meeting techniques. You will be will prepared to answer test questions on topics covered by the lessons in this chapter, like:
- Preparing, holding and contributing to productive meetings
- Tips for conducting a meeting with purpose
- The effective meeting's facilitative interventions
- Techniques that facilitate leading an effective meeting
Lessons are short, engaging text and videos that are easy to complete by logging in from your mobile device whenever you have a few minutes. Lesson quizzes are provided for self-assessment as you go, and you can submit any questions you have to the instructors.
1. Preparing, Conducting, and Contributing to Productive Meetings
There are a few key elements that should be considered when planning for a productive meeting. Organizing an effective meeting is a monumental task that involves preparing, conducting and contributing valuable ideas, resources and information in order to be successful.
2. How to Run a Purposeful Meeting
The most effectively run meetings have a few common components of preparation and execution. In this lesson, you'll learn the key components and tips for running an effective and purposeful meeting.
3. Elements of Effective Meeting Management
Effective meeting management is not difficult. Simply implementing a few steps when planning and conducting a meeting can improve the structure, content and flow.
4. Facilitative Interventions for Effective Meetings
No one wants to sit in an unproductive meeting! This lesson will discuss facilitative techniques for keeping your meetings on track and getting the most out of your time together.
5. Facilitation Techniques for Leading an Effective Meeting
Facilitating an effective meeting can be a satisfying challenge, if you are prepared and familiar with facilitation techniques. This lesson overviews how to meet the challenge of preparing for and facilitating a meeting.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CM Planning & Organizing Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager course
- Strategic Planning in Business
- Business Missions & Goals
- Building Strategy in Business
- Value Chain Management
- Improving Customer Relations
- Improving Quality in Business
- Improving Efficiency in Business
- Improving Innovation in Business
- Project Management Definition & Skills
- Managing Structure & Culture in Business
- Building Teams & Work Groups
- Human Resources & Hiring
- Training & Assessment in an Organization
- Overview of Workplace Pay & Benefits
- Diversity at Work
- Coaching & Feedback in the Workplace
- Career Business Networking
- Mentoring at Work
- CM Planning & Organizing Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager Flashcards