About This Chapter
Holding Productive Meetings - Chapter Summary
This chapter is designed to bolster your understanding of holding productive meetings. Take a look at effective meeting management and its elements as well as effective meeting techniques. You will be will prepared to answer test questions on topics covered by the lessons in this chapter, like:
- Preparing, holding and contributing to productive meetings
- Tips for conducting a meeting with purpose
- The effective meeting's facilitative interventions
- Techniques that facilitate leading an effective meeting
Lessons are short, engaging text and videos that are easy to complete by logging in from your mobile device whenever you have a few minutes. Lesson quizzes are provided for self-assessment as you go, and you can submit any questions you have to the instructors.
1. Preparing, Conducting, and Contributing to Productive Meetings
Organizing a productive and effective meeting is tantamount to business success. Explore the key aspects of preparing, conducting, and contributing to productive meetings.
2. How to Run a Purposeful Meeting
Running a purposeful and efficient meeting requires taking specific action steps ahead of time. Uncover details of several key elements such as preparation, minimizing distractions, and setting up the room to help ensure a purposeful meeting.
3. Elements of Effective Meeting Management
In order to keep their efficiency and effectiveness, it is important to manage meetings and the workflow that they impact adequately. Learn more about the elements of effective meeting management, its purpose, usage, and how to use it to plan for meetings.
4. Facilitative Interventions for Effective Meetings
No one wants to sit in an unproductive meeting! This lesson will discuss facilitative techniques for keeping your meetings on track and getting the most out of your time together.
5. Facilitation Techniques for Leading an Effective Meeting
Make meetings more productive by preparing for them and using facilitation techniques. Learn tips and tricks, such as following an agenda and encouraging participation, to ensure an effective meeting.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the CM Planning & Organizing Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager course
- Strategic Planning in Business
- Business Missions & Goals
- Building Strategy in Business
- Value Chain Management
- Improving Customer Relations
- Improving Quality in Business
- Improving Efficiency in Business
- Improving Innovation in Business
- Project Management Definition & Skills
- Managing Structure & Culture in Business
- Building Teams & Work Groups
- Human Resources & Hiring
- Training & Assessment in an Organization
- Overview of Workplace Pay & Benefits
- Diversity at Work
- Coaching & Feedback in the Workplace
- Career Business Networking
- Mentoring at Work
- CM Planning & Organizing Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager Flashcards