About This Chapter
Holidays in the Spanish-Speaking World - Chapter Summary
Watch the lessons in this chapter to learn about the traditions surrounding holidays in the Spanish-speaking world and also to acquire the vocabulary words you'll need to talk about these special events. One lesson discusses the grammar that's required for some topics, and you'll use this new grammar knowledge in a quiz about holidays.
Our expert instructors will teach you about Christmas and the Three Kings' Day, as well as the words you'll need to discuss birthdays and anniversaries. Funerals and weddings also get a lesson. After finishing this chapter, you'll be prepared to:
- Discuss Christmas traditions in Spanish-speaking countries
- Report on birthday and anniversary customs
- Speak in Spanish about funerals and weddings
- Use the passive 'se' in Spanish conversation and writing
Each lesson ends with a multiple-choice quiz that lets you assess your knowledge. The videos include a timeline that lets you easily locate and review main concepts that require extra study. Still have questions? You can contact the instructor for personalized help.
1. Christmas & Three Kings' Day Vocabulary in Spanish
Holidays are wonderful and both Christmas and Three Kings' Day are no exception. This lesson gives you the basic vocabulary you need in order to fully enjoy the warmth of these colorful holidays.
2. Birthdays & Anniversaries Vocabulary in Spanish
You know Spanish speakers who are celebrating their birthday or their anniversary. This lesson gives you the language you need to congratulate people on these special occasions. You'll also learn a few words you'll likely hear in a birthday or anniversary context.
3. Wedding & Funeral Vocabulary in Spanish
In this Spanish lesson you'll learn words as well as expressions used at weddings and funerals. Let's look at some Spanish vocabulary words that surround marriage and funeral proceedings.
4. Using the Passive 'Se' in Spanish
The pronoun 'se' has a few uses in Spanish, including the use of the passive voice when the person doing an action is not identified in a sentence. Let's discover how to use this pronoun in other contexts.
5. Spanish Reading Practice: Holidays
In this lesson, we are going to practice our reading skills and expand our vocabulary in the process. Our focus will be on holiday activities in Spanish. Comencemos la lectura! (Let's start the reading practice!)
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Spanish Exam (5195): Practice & Study Guide course
- About the Praxis Spanish Test
- Greetings & Introductions in Spanish
- Nouns and Gender in Spanish
- Weather and Seasons in Spanish
- Days & Dates in Spanish
- Spanish Numbers
- Telling Time in Spanish
- Describing People in Spanish
- AR Verbs in Spanish: Present Tense Conjugation and Vocabulary List
- Locations in Spanish: Vocabulary & Grammar
- ER and IR Verbs in Spanish: Present Tense
- Talking About Pastimes in Spanish
- Talking About Members of a Family in Spanish
- Describing a House in Spanish
- Chores in Spanish
- Shopping in Spanish
- Discussing the Past in Spanish
- Talking About Vacations in Spanish
- Discussing Community in Spanish
- TV, Movies & Media in Spanish
- Technology in Spanish
- As a Child in Spanish
- Spanish Fables
- Discussing Emergencies & Natural Disasters in Spanish
- Health and Safety Terms in Spanish
- At Work: Job Terms in Spanish
- Describing Future Plans in Spanish
- Giving Advice in Spanish
- Discussing International Politics in Spanish
- Advertising in Spanish
- If I were... Professions in Spanish
- Social Life in Spanish
- Cooking and Dining in Spanish
- Beauty Salons and Barbers in Spanish
- Winter Activities in Spanish
- Transportation in Spanish
- Praxis Spanish Exam Flashcards