About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Identify the lessons in the Holt Building Responsible Relationships chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons with this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the building responsible relationships topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- Role of family-instilled values in adolescence
- How to improve listening skills
- Strategies for dealing with peer pressure
Holt is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Family Values and Relationships in Adolescence
During adolescence, teens begin to figure out who they are and what their beliefs are. In this lesson, we'll look at how family values and relationships with family members can influence adolescents' individual values and development.
2. Becoming a Better Listener: Tips & Strategies
Some people say listening is an art, but to be a good listener, it takes skill. There are strategies one can use to be a good listener. Some strategies include use of body language, asking the right questions and even empathy.
3. What is Peer Pressure? - Definition & Explanation
In this lesson, you'll learn who your peers are and how they can pressure you into actions that you wouldn't normally do -- peer pressure. We'll cover types of peer pressure and who is most likely to experience it.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Holt Lifetime Health: Online Textbook Help course
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 1: Health & Your Wellness
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 2: Skills for a Healthy Life
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 3: Self-Esteem & Mental Health
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 4: Managing Stress & Coping with Loss
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 5: Preventing Violence & Abuse
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 6: Physical Fitness for Life
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 7: Nutrition for Life
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 8: Weight Management & Eating Behaviors
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 9: Understanding Drugs & Medicines
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 10: Alcohol
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 11: Tobacco
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 12: Illegal Drugs
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 13: Preventing Infectious Diseases
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 14: Lifestyle Diseases
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 15: Other Diseases & Disabilities
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 16: Adolescence & Adulthood
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 17: Marriage, Parenthood & Families
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 18: Reproduction, Pregnancy & Development
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 20: Risks of Adolescent Sexual Activity
- Holt Lifetime Health Chapter 21: HIV & AIDS