About This Chapter
Who's it for?
This unit of our 8th Grade Math course will benefit homeschool parents by providing them with:
- new ways to teach the concepts in this course
- strategies to engage students during the learning process
- recommended activities and discussion questions to pair with lessons
How it works:
This helpful collection of homeschool resources offers homeschool parents relevant tools to make planning lessons easy.
- Integrate these resources into your educational routine to vary instruction and engage your child.
- Reference our materials as inspiration for your lesson plans, activities, and assignments.
1. Irrational Numbers Lesson Plan
Teach your students about irrational numbers with this lesson plan. Students will watch a video lesson defining irrational numbers and giving several examples of them. Discussion questions, cooperative activities and a quiz make learning meaningful.
2. Constructing Proportions to Solve Real World Problems Lesson Plan
While students study probability and statistics, consider using this lesson to help students learn how to use proportions to solve real-world problems. A hands-on activity involving candy and word problems are included in this lesson.
3. Geometric Transformations Lesson Plan
Students will learn about geometric transformations using real life examples in this lesson. They will watch a video, participate in discussion questions, complete an activity and take a quiz.
4. Pythagorean Theorem Lesson Plan
Want to beef up your instruction on the Pythagorean theorem? Use a video lesson to seamlessly deliver the content while allowing students the opportunity to actively apply what they've learned. For further instruction on this topic, we've included supplementary activities and related lessons.
5. Box and Whisker Plot Lesson Plan
In this lesson, students will explore the reasoning and method behind box-and-whisker plots. Students will then practice making box-and-whisker plots using sample data.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the 8th Grade Math: Homeschool Curriculum course
- Number Systems & Theory
- Problem-Solving in Real World Math
- Algebraic Expressions & Equations
- Graphing Lines & Inequalities
- Proportional Relationships & Linear Equations
- 6th-8th Grade Algebra: Systems of Linear Equations
- Graphical Transformations
- Geometry of Congruent & Similar Figures
- Geometry & Properties of Triangles
- Geometry of Three-Dimensional Objects
- Evaluating & Calculating Probability
- Measuring & Graphing Statistical Distributions