About This Chapter
Homeschooling Resources - Chapter Summary
This chapter will provide you with simple and effective techniques to pursue homeschooling. You will learn about the following:
- Why homeschooling works
- Activities to use when homeschooling
- Homeschooling benefits
The lessons will walk you through the techniques and activities that you can use when homeschooling children. Your understanding of the lessons concepts are tested through the lesson quizzes. Then you will have the chance to test your knowledge of the entire chapter with the chapter test.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness and understanding: You will be presented with the benefits and obstacles of homeschooling to increase awareness of this educational approach.
- Provides important tools: When you go through this chapter, you will be presented with different ideas and activities that can be used while homeschooling.
- Enhances learning experience: By learning the techniques and tools in this chapter, you will be able to provide an enhanced homeschooling experience for your students.
When you complete this chapter, you will have the skills to:
- Comprehend the consequences and benefits of homeschooling
- Understand different types of activities that can be used when it is raining
- Integrate new ideas that can be used when considering field trips
- Learn about physical education activities that can be used when homeschooling
- Know the reasons why homeschooling works
1. Pros & Cons of Homeschooling
Are you considering homeschooling for your child? There are two sides to making this decision, and this article will examine some of the good and bad aspects of alternative education.
2. Rainy Day Activities for Kids
Great. The skies are still dark and the rain is still falling, ruining the plans you had for the day. What to do now? Find out with this article that has some great backup ideas.
3. Homeschool Field Trip Ideas
Incorporating field trips into a homeschool curriculum can help students acquire real-life applications of the concepts they are learning and explore culture and art in person. Read on to get some ideas for fun and interactive field trips, and explore corresponding lessons on Study.com.
4. Homeschool P.E. Ideas
By homeschooling your children, you will also be directly responsible for their physical fitness and education. Check out this article for some fun methods to keep your kids healthy.
5. How Does Homeschooling Work?
Parents may choose from a variety of options when implementing a homeschooling program their children. Read about curriculum alternatives and important considerations when starting to homeschool.
6. Homeschool vs. Public School Statistics
Schooling decisions are often dependent on a number of factors. Deciding on the best situation for your children can often mean understanding the known data behind various options. Read on for statistics specific to public schooling and homeschooling.
7. Scholarships for Homeschoolers
College-bound homeschooled students are typically offered the same opportunities to apply for scholarships as traditionally-schooled students. Learn about some of the scholarships specifically offered to homeschoolers and identify resources to help students apply for them.
8. Homeschooling in Canada
Learn how to homeschool in different Canadian provinces with this article. Check out the registration, curriculum and testing regulations and get information about educational resources for your child.
9. Homeschooling in Australia
Homeschooling is legal throughout Australia and is regulated by territorial government. The requirements for each territory vary slightly. Read on for specific information about each territory.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Homeschooling Facts for Parents course