About This Chapter
Hospitality Industry Trends - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you can go over analyses of trends in travel, tourism and restaurant services as well as the overall hospitality industry. You'll study trends in and out of the industry that affect hospitality businesses and organizations. Easily track your progress on your Dashboard, and use the self-assessment quizzes to determine how much you have learned and your readiness in moving on to the next topic. After you have successfully reviewed this chapter, you should be able to:
- Identify technologies that drive trends in the hospitality industry
- Explain the growth of international travel and tourism
- Relate the political, economic, social and environmental trends that affect the hospitality industry
- Analyze trends in the food service industry
- Discuss trends in quick and limited-service restaurants
- Describe trends in restaurant delivery services
1. Hospitality Industry: Trends & Technology
The hospitality industry is a vast industry that is ever changing. We will discuss some trends in the industry and the technology that is driving these trends.
2. International Travel & Tourism: Impact on Growth in the Hospitality Industry
In this lesson, we'll examine the impact of international travel and tourism on the hospitality industry, including growth and challenges that arise from an increase in international travel.
3. Macro-Environment Trends in Hospitality & Tourism
Macro-environment trends that are political, economical, environmental, or social in nature can influence the direction of hospitality and tourism organizations. In this lesson, you'll learn more about those conditions.
4. Food Service Industry: Trends & Analysis
Ostrich burger coming up! The food service industry is changing, and some restaurants are embracing the trends by offering new proteins, such as ostrich. Check out some of the latest trends in this lesson.
5. Quick Service Restaurant Industry: Trends & Analysis
Quick-service restaurants face many challenges, but they also have many opportunities, with new trends in abundance. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the quick-service trends and some of the concerns in the industry.
6. Limited Service Restaurant Industry: Analysis & Trends
The limited service restaurant industry is poised for future growth due to a renewed focus on consumers and high-quality ingredients. In this lesson, you'll learn more about this industry and future trends.
7. Trends in Restaurant Delivery Services
This lesson reviews trends in restaurant delivery services and how they have developed over time, thanks to advances in technology and changing customer demands.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hospitality 301: Hospitality Marketing course
- Basics of Hospitality Marketing
- Hospitality Marketing Research
- Consumer Behavior in the Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Market Segmentation
- Pricing for the Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Marketing Channels
- Hospitality Marketing Strategies
- Advertising for Hospitality
- Hospitality Industry & Public Relations
- Selling for the Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Marketing & Technology
- Required Assignments for Hospitality 301
- Studying for Hospitality 301