About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering hospitality marketing and sales material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about marketing and sales in the hospitality industry. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding services marketing, sales strategy and hospitality industry marketing strategies
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about hospitality management (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about hospitality marketing and sales
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra hospitality management learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Hospitality Marketing & Sales chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Hospitality Marketing & Sales chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any hospitality marketing and sales question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a hospitality marketing and sales unit of a standard hospitality management course. Topics covered include:
- Importance of hospitality industry marketing
- Products and characteristics of the hospitality industry
- Differences between goods and services
- Best practices for marketing hospitality services
- How to calculate a hotel's market share using the market share formula
- Sales strategy elements and implementation
- How new technologies have impacted marketing in hospitality
1. Hospitality Industry Marketing: Importance & Strategies
The hospitality industry is highly competitive and requires a strategy to earn and retain a customer's business. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the importance of hospitality marketing and strategies for success.
2. Hospitality Industry: Products & Characteristics
It's one of the biggest industries around, something that we've all participated in, whether in a job or as a customer. We're talking about the hospitality industry, and in this lesson we'll explore its many forms.
3. Services Marketing: The Difference Between Services and Goods
In this lesson, you'll learn the difference between a service and a good. Discover how services are marketed to a consumer using different techniques.
4. Service as a Product: Strategies & Best Practices
Understanding what service as a product is and how it can affect operations at a hotel is beneficial. This lesson offers an explanation of service as a product and gives five best practices and strategies for marketing hospitality services.
5. How to Calculate Hotel Market Share
Market share tells a manager how much of the overall business his or her hotel has received compared to its competition. The market share percentage provides insight into the hotel's performance. This lesson explains how to calculate market share.
6. Sales Strategy: Definition, Elements & Implementation
Understanding sales strategy and implementing effective plans can help a company sell more of its product and target the appropriate customer. This lesson explains the logic in establishing a sales strategy.
7. Technology & Hospitality Marketing: Databases & the Internet
New technologies and Internet features have created additional marketing opportunities for the hospitality and tourism industry. In this lesson, you'll learn more about new tools that take advantage of these technologies.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hospitality Management: Help & Review course
- International Hospitality Management
- Strategic Planning for Hotel & Lodging
- Operations Management in Hotel & Lodging
- Rooms Division in Hotel & Lodging Operations
- Revenue Management for Hotel & Lodging
- Human Resource Management for Hospitality
- Hotel Security & Safety
- Food & Beverage Operations in Hospitality
- Hospitality Industry Organizational Structure & Behavior
- Market Forces & Globalization in the Hospitality Industry
- Audits & Quality Control in the Hospitality Industry
- Intrapreneurship & the Hospitality Industry