About This Chapter
Hospitality Marketing Strategies - Chapter Summary
What are ways that businesses in the hospitality industry can market themselves? What can influence marketing approaches? These lessons cover these kinds of questions, using detailed examples and explanations that help you fully understand topics like niche strategy, relationship marketing and international marketing. You can access the lessons 24/7 on any device, which makes it possible to study with even the busiest of schedules. Each lesson offers a self-assessment quiz that lets you measure your knowledge before moving on to the next topic. Upon completion of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Describe different marketing strategies for businesses
- Detail market entry strategies
- Discuss details related to niche marketing
- Understand what relationship marketing is and how it works
- Explain global marketing strategies
- List internal and external influences on marketing strategies
1. What Is Marketing Strategy? - Examples & Objectives
In this lesson, we will focus on the components and core elements used to plan a marketing strategy. In addition, we will discuss the importance of measuring the impact of a marketing strategy.
2. Effective Strategies for Hospitality Marketing
There are three strategies for effective hospitality marketing that provide support and loyalty from guests: people, processes, and communication. By embracing these three areas, you can increase the marketing success at your hotel.
3. Market Entry Strategy: Definition & Example
In this lesson, we'll learn about market entry strategy by investigating several methods an organization can use to enter a new market. We will look at exporting, licensing, franchising, joint ventures, and more.
4. Various Types of Target Marketing Strategies
Watch this video lesson, and you will learn about the ways in which businesses can market themselves. You will see that different products and services require different form of marketing to be successful.
5. Niche Strategy in Marketing: Definition & Concept
While some companies want to conquer the world, some just want a piece of it. In this lesson, you'll learn about niche strategy in marketing. You'll examine the different guidelines for getting into niche marketing and look at an example.
6. What is Relationship Marketing? - Definition & Strategies
Relationship marketing is a buyer-friendly approach to business. In this lesson, you'll learn what relationship marketing is as well as look at some related strategies.
7. International Marketing: The Importance of Global Marketing Strategy
Companies cannot just concentrate on domestic markets if they are to remain competitive. Global marketing allows marketing managers to look for growing target markets and product opportunities overseas.
8. Marketing Environment: Internal Influences on Marketing Strategy
Sometimes the absolute best marketing plans run into problems. Occasionally, those problems come from within the company. In this lesson, we'll take a look at internal influences on marketing strategy.
9. Marketing Environment: External Influences on Marketing Strategy
What influences how a business sells its products - and itself? In this lesson, you will learn more about external influences that affect the marketing strategy of a business.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hospitality 301: Hospitality Marketing course
- Basics of Hospitality Marketing
- Hospitality Industry Trends
- Hospitality Marketing Research
- Consumer Behavior in the Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Market Segmentation
- Pricing for the Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Marketing Channels
- Advertising for Hospitality
- Hospitality Industry & Public Relations
- Selling for the Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Marketing & Technology
- Required Assignments for Hospitality 301
- Studying for Hospitality 301