About This Chapter
Hospitality Marketing & Technology - Chapter Summary
Refer to the video and text lessons in this chapter to increase your understanding of marketing technologies used in the hospitality industry. You'll discover how database, direct and online marketing technologies work, and you'll even explore social media marketing. Mark your progress through this chapter using your Dashboard, and take self-assessment quizzes to demonstrate what you have retained from the lessons and which topics, if any, you need to continue reviewing. After your study of this chapter is complete, you should be able to:
- Describe the structure of databases
- Discuss how database marketing is used in the hospitality industry
- Relate aspects and give examples of direct and online marketing
- List steps leading to effective social media marketing strategies
- Detail how the hospitality and tourism industries have successfully utilized online and other marketing technologies
1. Database Concepts and Structures: The Elements That Make Up a Database
Learn the fundamental elements of databases and how they are structured. One common data structure is a database table, which uses records and fields to organize data.
2. Database Marketing for Hospitality
Database marketing for hospitality allows the industry to gain important information about customers. In this lesson, we'll discuss database marketing, data utilization in hospitality, direct marketing, and revenue management.
3. What is Direct Marketing? - Definition, Concepts & Examples
Direct marketing is a very effective and powerful way to share information about a product or service. This lesson will discuss what direct marketing is and what concepts are important in direct marketing and also give examples.
4. What is Online Marketing? - Definition & Benefits Over Print
The advertising world has gone digital, and more businesses are turning to online marketing instead of traditional print advertising to get their message across. But what are the benefits of this change? In this lesson, we'll learn what online marketing is and why business owners are choosing it over print.
5. Social Media Marketing: Description & Strategy
Social media marketing allows a company to promote their business through different online marketing platforms. There are five easy steps that can help develop a strong social media strategy.
6. Technology & Hospitality Marketing: Databases & the Internet
New technologies and Internet features have created additional marketing opportunities for the hospitality and tourism industry. In this lesson, you'll learn more about new tools that take advantage of these technologies.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hospitality 301: Hospitality Marketing course
- Basics of Hospitality Marketing
- Hospitality Industry Trends
- Hospitality Marketing Research
- Consumer Behavior in the Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Market Segmentation
- Pricing for the Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Marketing Channels
- Hospitality Marketing Strategies
- Advertising for Hospitality
- Hospitality Industry & Public Relations
- Selling for the Hospitality Industry
- Required Assignments for Hospitality 301
- Studying for Hospitality 301