About This Chapter
Hotel & Lodging Customer Service - Chapter Summary
This collection of lessons examines the importance and role of customer service in the hotel and lodging industry. You'll dive into concepts such as customer satisfaction, retention, appreciation and loyalty. Following each lesson is a short quiz to help you master the information you've studied. You can keep track of your quiz scores and progress through the chapter on your course Dashboard. This flexible study resource is also available whenever it fits your schedule. After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Understand how guest satisfaction and customer service impact the success of hotels
- Evaluate the importance of customer retention and how it relates to customer satisfaction
- Determine the impact that product and service knowledge has on customer experience
- Resolve complaints from customers effectively
- Recognize the connection between customer appreciation and loyalty
- Consider the importance of housekeeping in the hospitality industry
- Identify common housekeeping standards
1. Hospitality Industry: Customer Service & Guest Satisfaction
This lesson discusses customer service and guest satisfaction in the hospitality industry. It also describes why they are important and how they impact the company's success.
2. Customer Retention: Definition & Importance
In order to stay profitable, you want to keep your customers coming back. This means you need to retain their business. This lesson describes the important link between customer satisfaction and customer retention.
3. Resolving Customer Service Complaints & Conflict
Dealing with customer complaints can be a challenging task, but when you have the tools to help you understand the customer's concerns and how to resolve them, the result can be a happy customer.
4. Diversity & Demands of Guests in the Hospitality Business
Creating a plan to meet the diversity and demands of guests can be a challenging and exciting process. There are many key aspects of guest services that need to be considered in the process of developing a new program. This lesson offers great tips to get you started.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hospitality 304: Hotel & Lodging Management & Operations course
- Hotel & Lodging Industry Overview
- Global Hospitality Management
- Leadership in the Hotel Industry
- Hotel & Lodging Strategic Management
- Hotel Operations Management
- Rooms Division in Hotel Operations
- Hotel Finance & Accounting
- Revenue Management for Hotels
- Hotel Sales & Marketing Department
- HR Management for Hospitality
- Hotel Safety & Security
- Food & Beverage Operations in Hotel & Lodging
- Restaurant Organization Basics
- Factors that Affect the Hotel & Lodging Industry
- Required Assignments for Hospitality 304
- Studying for Hospitality 304