About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering hotel security and safety material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the safety and security measures taken in hotels. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the impact of crime and terrorism on toursim and procedures for managing emergencies in hotels
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about hospitality management (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about hotel security and safety
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra hospitality management learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Hotel Security & Safety chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Hotel Security & Safety chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any hotel security and safety question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a hotel security and safety unit of a standard hospitality management course. Topics covered include:
- How terrorism impacts the travel and tourism industry
- Crime risk and prevention in the hotel and lodging industry
- Ways to design hotel safety and emergency procedures
- How the hospitality industry manages its unique risks
- Strategies for avoiding cybersecurity crimes in hospitality
1. Impact of Terrorism on the Travel & Tourism Industry
The travel and tourism industry can be affected in the wake of terrorist events both domestically and abroad. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the industry and how it is impacted following acts of terrorism.
2. Crime in the Hotel & Lodging Industry: Risk & Prevention
In this lesson, we will discuss the types of crimes that may occur in the hotel and lodging industry, as well as methods that can be undertaken to prevent those crimes from happening.
3. Designing Hotel Emergency & Safety Procedures
An emergency can happen anywhere. But when an emergency happens and a guest is far from home, most hotels have emergency action plans and emergency response teams in place. This lesson covers how hotels plan for emergencies, like fire, inclement weather, and other disasters.
4. Risk Management in the Hospitality Industry
Hospitality providers face a unique set of risks to their daily operations. In this lesson, you'll learn more about specific risks and steps for implementing a risk management plan to mitigate them.
5. Cybersecurity in the Hospitality Industry
Cyber crime is a real concern for most businesses. Secure hotel account information like credit card information and a guest's personal information can be very tempting to a thief. In this lesson, we'll discover ways to prevent a cyber attack by making a cybersecurity plan.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hospitality Management: Help & Review course
- International Hospitality Management
- Strategic Planning for Hotel & Lodging
- Operations Management in Hotel & Lodging
- Rooms Division in Hotel & Lodging Operations
- Revenue Management for Hotel & Lodging
- Hospitality Marketing & Sales
- Human Resource Management for Hospitality
- Food & Beverage Operations in Hospitality
- Hospitality Industry Organizational Structure & Behavior
- Market Forces & Globalization in the Hospitality Industry
- Audits & Quality Control in the Hospitality Industry
- Intrapreneurship & the Hospitality Industry