About This Chapter
How Culture Affects International Business - Chapter Summary
Culture has a significant impact on global businesses. This chapter shows you the ways in which society and culture affects businesses on an international scale. You'll examine Gerard Hofstede's cultural dimensions theory as well as global business mindsets and the development of cultural intelligence within organizations. Make sure that you fully understand these cultural topics by taking the accompanying self-assessment quizzes that follow each lesson. Studying this chapter can help you:
- Describe the effects of society and culture on global business
- Outline Hofstede's theory of cultural dimensions
- Understand how corporations develop cultural intelligence
- Assess the concept of a global mindset in business
- Explain the impact of cultural norms on businesses
1. Global Mindset in Business: Definition & Concept
In this lesson, we will cover the meaning of global mindset and how it can affect businesses around the world. Test your knowledge at the end by taking a short quiz.
2. Hofstede's Cultural Dimensions Theory
Dimensions of culture are an important aspect of international business. Knowing how cultures view different aspects of business can help a manager navigate through the international business market.
3. Developing Cultural Intelligence in Corporations
This lesson explores the concept of cultural intelligence. We'll look at what it is, how it can benefit and develop within an organization, and what role employees with a high level of cultural intelligence play in the workplace.
4. Impact of Cultural Norms on Global Businesses
Cultural norms can greatly impact how a company operates in the global environment. This lesson will discuss how cultural norms can influence business strategies and performance.
5. Effects of Society & Culture on Global Business
Travel and technology have made our world smaller, which has led to greater opportunities for companies to operate in a global market. This lesson will look at the effects of society & culture on global business.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 120: International Business course
- Introduction to International Business
- Global Economic Development
- Key Factors in International Trade
- International Trade Management & Regulation
- Exchange Rates & Currency Changes
- International Market Entry Strategies
- Management & Human Resources in International Business
- International Operations Management
- Global Marketing and R&D Strategies
- Communication & Decision-Making in Global Business
- Impact of Globalization on Organizations
- Impact of Globalization on Countries
- Global Business Ethics
- Future of Globalization
- Studying for Business 120