About This Chapter
How Professionalism Impacts the Workplace - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, your employees will get a firsthand look at the many benefits that result from workplace professionalism, such as a higher success rate and sense of fairness. Our professional instructors help your employees learn about the following concepts:
- Employee motivation, improved client relationships and other benefits of workplace professionalism
- Strategies to maintain professionalism while under pressure or during conflicts
- Ways to exhibit professionalism in the workplace and avoid an unprofessional image
- Methods for maintaining professionalism in workplace communications
- Importance of keeping emotional baggage away from the workplace
Our video lessons are taught by subject-matter experts who bring workplace professionalism concepts to life through graphics, illustrations and animations. These flexible lessons can be watched anywhere that's convenient for your employees, including on the go or as a part of your company's corporate training program. Employees can take quizzes after each lesson to gauge comprehension of critical concepts, and you can check their understanding with the final exam.
How It Helps
- Improves understanding: These lessons teach the value of professionalism in the workplace, helping employees understand the reasons for carrying out these principles and how they can benefit.
- Provides a starting point: Employees are introduced to workplace professionalism methods they can immediately implement into their work lives and build on as they become more knowledgeable.
- Enhances the workplace environment: Employees who learn to keep emotional baggage, moods or unprofessional views out of the workplace can contribute to a more positive, healthy workplace.
After watching all the lessons in this chapter, employees will be able to:
- Illustrate the various advantages and positive impacts that result from a professional work environment
- Implement strategies for maintaining professionalism during difficult or stressful moments
- Present a professional image while at work
- Maintain professionalism in e-mails, conference calls and other workplace communications
- Understand how critical it is to leave emotional baggage at home
1. The Positive Impacts of Workplace Professionalism
In this lesson, we'll discuss in detail the positive impacts of professionalism in the workplace. We'll also discover why it's imperative that you put your best foot forward from day one.
2. How to Stay Professional Under Pressure & Conflict
Meeting deadlines and facing conflict can be difficult. In this video, we'll discuss some strategies for staying positive and professional under pressure and conflict at work.
3. Practical Application: Staying Professional Under Pressure at Work
As unpleasant as workplace conflict can be, it is neither entirely negative nor something that should be avoided at all costs. However, realizing the benefits of stress and conflict requires a calm, professional response.
4. Presenting a Professional Image in the Workplace
In this lesson, we're going to look at things we can do to exhibit a professional image in the workplace. We'll discuss what professionalism means, why it is important, what to do, and what not to do from head to toe and all points in between.
5. What Is Professionalism in Communication? - Definition & Skills
In this lesson, we explore different types of workplace communication. Discover how to maintain professionalism when communicating by learning some helpful tips.
6. Keeping Emotional Baggage Out of the Workplace
In this lesson, we will discuss what the meaning of emotional baggage is, why it is important and how to keep it out of the workplace to ensure a positive working environment.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the The Importance of Professionalism in the Workplace course