About This Chapter
How to Deliver Proactive Customer Service - Chapter Summary
The fun video lessons in this chapter offer methods your employees can use to deliver proactive customer service. This chapter will help employees understand the following:
- The importance of creating a proactive care strategy
- Ways to add value to a customer experience through proactive service
- How to keep customers interested and stay relevant in the marketplace
- Strategies for showing customer appreciation and preparing for potential customer service issues
Employees can watch the video lessons as a group corporate training exercise and discuss ways to deliver proactive customer service, or they can view them individually on their computers or mobile devices. You can gauge their comprehension of the lessons with short self-assessment quizzes and a chapter exam.
How It Helps
- Enhances customer relations: As your employees learn how to deliver proactive customer service, they can become more dedicated to directly and indirectly satisfying customers, which can enhance overall customer relations.
- Improves marketing strategies: The lessons in this chapter offer tips to improve your marketing strategies, which helps to retain current customers and build a new customer base.
- Provides a competitive edge: Learning to stay relevant in the marketplace requires examining the offerings of your competition, which can help you find a competitive edge.
After watching the video lessons, employees will be able to:
- Explain how to create a proactive care strategy that reflects a company and its customers
- Describe how to simplify customer interactions and transactions to add value to their experience
- Discuss the value of target marketing and explain how to use it to keep customers interested
- Outline strategies for staying relevant in the marketplace
- Detail ways to show customers you appreciate their service
- Discuss contingency planning and how it can be used to prepare for potential customer issues
1. The Benefits of Creating a Unique Proactive Care Strategy
Imagine addressing problems before they are a problem. This lesson will discuss the benefits of using a proactive care strategy and how a unique strategy can maximize your results!
2. Adding Value Through Proactive Customer Service
This lesson will discuss the importance of being proactive in customer service and how it can bring added value to your company and create customer loyalty. Do you know what your customers need before they ask?
3. Practical Application: Proactive Customer Service
It's hard to overstate the importance of solid customer service. Proactive customer service is a key part of the overall process, instead of simply responding to customers if and when they reach out.
4. Keeping Customers Interested Through Target Marketing
Target marketing allows companies to approach customers with specific products they might be interested in. This lesson describes target marketing and how companies use it to keep their customers interested in their products and services.
5. The Importance of Staying Relevant in the Marketplace
This lesson breaks down and reviews several different methods that can be used by businesses and organizations to help them remain relevant in today's marketplace.
6. Showing Appreciation to Loyal Customers
Keeping your customers happy and having them return again and again is one of the greatest challenges (and opportunities) of a business. This lesson offers some suggestions to show appreciation to loyal customers.
7. Contingency Planning: Preparing for Potential Customer Issues
In customer service, it is necessary to have a plan in place for potential customer issues. This is called a contingency plan. This lesson will explain what one is and how it should be designed.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Creating Proactive Customer Service course