About This Chapter
How to Use a Scientific Calculator - Chapter Summary
Scientific calculators serve many different mathematical and scientific functions. Use these lessons to learn more about specific ways you can use these calculators to solve problems and graph functions. Take the lesson quizzes to quickly review the lesson material for confusing points. You can study these lessons whenever you like, using a wide variety of devices. The Dashboard of your account makes it easy to find your place. In this chapter, you'll learn:
- How to solve equations using radians, degrees and notations
- Ways to solve trigonometry functions and exponentials on scientific calculators
- How to solve basic equations on a CLEP calculator
- Methods for solving problems by using the graphing functions on a scientific calculator
1. Radians & Degrees on a Calculator
While we may have a tendency to think of angles solely in terms of degrees, the truth is that radians offer a useful way of looking at them. However, being able to switch between the two is crucial for making the most of having a calculator.
2. Trigonometry Functions & Exponentials on a Calculator
Despite the fact that you've probably used a scientific calculator since middle school, it's really only in high school and college that you learn what all the keys are for. In this lesson, we look at trigonometric functions and exponential keys.
3. How to Solve Equations on a Calculator
After watching this video lesson, you will know how to use a basic scientific calculator to help you solve your mathematical equations. You will learn how a scientific calculator makes it easier to calculate your mathematical expressions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Math 104: Calculus course
- Graphing and Functions
- Vectors in Calculus
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Rate of Change
- Calculating Derivatives and Derivative Rules
- Graphing Derivatives and L'Hopital's Rule
- Applications of Derivatives
- Area Under the Curve and Integrals
- Integration and Integration Techniques
- Integration Applications
- Differential Equations
- Studying for Math 104