About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering AP calculus material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn AP calculus. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to solve equations using scientific calculators
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn how to use scientific calculators for AP calculus
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the how to use scientific calculators for AP calculus chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the scientific calculators in AP calculus chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question about using scientific calculators for AP calculus. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a scientific calculators usage unit of a standard AP Calculus AB and BC course. Topics covered include:
- Solving equations by graphing on a scientific calculator
- Solving equations on a scientific calculator
- Understanding radians and degrees on a calculator
- Understanding trigonometry functions and exponentials on a calculator
1. Radians & Degrees on the CLEP Scientific Calculator
In this lesson, we'll review online calculators, in particular the CLEP online calculator. Review the difference between radians and degrees, the order of operations and scientific notation on the CLEP calculator.
2. Trigonometry Functions & Exponentials on the CLEP Calculator
In this lesson, review how to use the history on the CLEP calculator as we calculate sines, cosines and the inverse trigonometric functions. Finish by exploring exponentials and logarithms.
3. Solving Equations on the CLEP Scientific Calculator
In this lesson, learn how to use the Solver function of the CLEP calculator. With calculators, you can solve equations numerically (find a number answer) even when you cannot solve the problem explicitly.
4. How to Solve Equations by Graphing on the CLEP Scientific Calculator
In this lesson, review how to graph equations with the CLEP calculator. Given a function, find the maximum and minimum values over a range and the roots of the equation. Learn how you can use this to solve a system of equations by graphically finding intersects.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Calculus AB & BC: Help and Review course
- Functions in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Graphing and Functions in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Sequences and Series in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Limits in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Continuity in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Exponentials and Logarithms in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Exponents and Polynomials in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Applications of Derivatives in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Calculating Derivatives & Derivative Rules in AP Calculus: Help & Review
- Calculus - Derivatives Calculations & Rules: Help & Review
- Differential Equations in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Area Under the Curve and Integrals in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- L'Hopital's Rule & Graphing Derivatives: Help & Review
- Integration Applications in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Rate of Change in AP Calculus: Help and Review
- Geometry and Trigonometry in AP Calculus: Help and Review