About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other technical writing work.
- Identify the proposal writing concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our Technical Writing Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn how to write proposals and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the content, structure, and types of proposals or any other proposal-writing topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their English composition learning
- Prefer learning English visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their proposal-writing unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in technical writing courses
- Don't have access to their English teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning how to write proposals simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live technical writing tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn to write proposals on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Discover the purpose and general structure of proposals.
- Learn about the differences between internal and external proposals.
- Explore the language used in proposals to persuade the target audience.
1. Purpose, Content & Structure of Proposals
Proposals are an important part of business communications. In this lesson, you'll learn about the purpose, content, and structure of proposal writing in a business setting. A short quiz follows.
2. Comparing Different Types of Proposals
Proposals are important documents for organizations ranging from businesses to universities and other non-profit organizations. In this lesson, you'll learn about different types of proposals. A short quiz follows.
3. Persuasive Elements of Proposals
Proposals are persuasive documents, but not all proposals use the same method of persuasion. In this lesson, you'll learn about different types of proposals and the various persuasive elements they use.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Technical Writing: Tutoring Solution course
- Technical Writing Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Elements of Prewriting: Tutoring Solution
- Writing Technical Documents: Tutoring Solution
- Technical Editing & Rewriting: Tutoring Solution
- Technical Document Characteristics: Tutoring Solution
- Usability Testing & Technical Writing: Tutoring Solution
- Informal Technical Reports: Tutoring Solution
- Formal Technical Reports: Tutoring Solution
- Business Reports and Proposals: Tutoring Solution
- Technical Correspondence: Tutoring Solution
- Resumes & Cover Letters: Tutoring Solution
- Technical Instructions: Tutoring Solution
- Writing Technical Manuals: Tutoring Solution