About This Chapter
HR Data Tools & Collection - Chapter Summary
The lessons of this chapter were assembled to help you reinforce your knowledge regarding how to collect, organize, analyze and present data. Study them to review information on helpful techniques and programs used to complete HR projects. Some of the important topics covered in these lessons include:
- How to choose a data collection technique that best fits your project
- The process of creating graphs of your data
- Software that is helpful for assessing data related to your projects
- Uses of various types of database and spreadsheet software
- Helpful presentation software
The versatility of these lessons will allow you to complete them on any internet-ready mobile device or PC. You can take the lesson quizzes at any time to test your understanding of the important elements covered. You will have an opportunity to test your overall understanding of the material by completing the practice chapter exam.
1. Strategies for Choosing a Data Collection Technique
After figuring out what you are going to study, you, as the researcher, will need to figure out how to study it. This lesson discusses popular ways a researcher can collect data as well as why a researcher would chose a particular data collection technique.
2. How to Construct Graphs from Data
This video describes how to create a line graph and explains the four main parts that graphs need to contain: 1. previously collected data, 2. picture representations, 3. use of the correct graph type, and 4. labels. This lesson also covers dependent and independent variables.
3. Application Software for Personal, Enterprise & Workgroup Objectives
Application software is a computer program to carry out a specific task. Learn about the different types of applications at the individual, workgroup and enterprise level.
4. Database and Spreadsheet Software: Excel, Access, dBase & Lotus 1-2-3
Spreadsheet software and database software are both used to organize and manipulate data. Each application has its own unique strengths. Learn about the functionality of both types of software.
5. Presentation Software & Graphic Suites: Purpose & Examples
To make an impact on your audience, you not only need a strong message, you also need strong visuals. Learn how presentation and illustration software helps you make an impact when showing your work.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the aPHR Certification Exam Study Guide - Associate Professional in Human Resources course
- Human Resource Operations
- Human Resource Metrics
- Business Records Management
- Technology & Information Systems for Human Resources
- Job Design & Performance Metrics
- Workplace Organizational Structure
- Functions & Types of Business Management
- Workplace Communication Techniques
- Hiring, Recruiting & Outsourcing for Human Resources
- Compensation Systems, Benefits & Incentive Programs
- Role of HR in Employee Training & Development
- Performance Appraisal in Business Management
- Employee Relations & Recognition Programs
- Employee Feedback
- Overview of Employee Rights & Employment Law
- Employee Behavior in the Workplace
- Employee Discipline & Termination
- Employee Health, Safety & Security
- aPHR Certification Exam Study Guide - Associate Professional in Human Resources Flashcards