About This Chapter
PHRi Certification Exam: Policies & Procedures - Chapter Summary
Prior to taking the Professional in Human Resources - International (PHRi) certification exam, you should have a comprehensive understanding of the policies and procedures used in human resources. Each lesson in this chapter will go over a different subtopic you'll need to know for the exam, such as:
- The legal and industry regulations of HR policies
- Federal and state hiring laws
- How to establish and communicate HR policies
- Organizational data confidentiality
- Privacy in the harassment complaint process
- The tools and methods for analyzing business data
- HR ethical issues
These concise lessons and practice quizzes will give you a good idea of the content and format you can expect in the PHRi exam. Therefore, if you want to do well on the exam, this chapter will be a good place to start!
1. HR Policies: Legal & Industry Regulations
Many different things influence HR policies in organizations. In this lesson, we'll take a look at some of the ways that legal and industry regulations can affect policy.
2. Hiring Employees: Federal & State Laws on Documentation
Form I-9, Form W4, additional tax withholding paperwork... there are many required forms for a new hire to complete when they start work. This lesson reviews the mandatory documentation that a job candidate must complete in order to be legally employed.
3. Establishing & Communicating Human Resource Policies
Employment-related policies and procedures can vary drastically from company to company, and establishing a clear set of policies can be critical to everyone's success. This lesson reviews the process of developing and communicating human resources policies, and the importance of doing so.
4. Organizational Data Confidentiality: Importance & Rules
Learn about the importance of organizational data confidentiality and the rules that apply to data in the workplace, including employee records, company data, and individual data.
5. Understanding Employee Confidentiality & Privacy Rules
In this lesson, we will look at general employee confidentiality and privacy rules, as well as federal guidelines and laws that apply to confidentiality and privacy in the workplace.
6. Ensuring Privacy in the Harassment Complaint Process
One of the most important requirements of a sexual harassment policy is a confidential complaint process. In this lesson, you'll learn why privacy is important and how to help accomplish it. A short quiz follows.
7. Analyzing Business Data: Tools & Methods
In this modern world of Big Data, analysis is the key for businesses to keep a competitive edge. This lesson will discuss tools and methods used to analyze business data.
8. Ethical Issues in HR: Definition & Importance
Unethical behavior from a business can create problems with regulators and have adverse effects on a company's bottom line. In this lesson, you'll learn about ethical issues relevant to HR and the importance of ethical organizational behavior.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Professional in Human Resources - International (PHRi): Exam Prep & Study Guide course
- PHRi Certification: Role of the HR Department
- PHRi Certification: HR Administration
- PHRi Certification: Time Management
- PHRi Certification: Understanding Change Management
- PHRi Certification: Recruitment & Selection
- PHRi Certification: Employee Relations & Communication
- PHRi Certification: Employee Compensation & Benefits
- PHRi Certification: Employee Training & Development
- PHRi Certification: Workplace Health, Safety & Security
- Professional in Human Resources - International (PHRi) Flashcards