About This Chapter
PHRi Certification Exam: Recruitment & Selection - Chapter Summary
The Professional in Human Resources - International (PHRi) Certification Exam will contain questions that assess you on your knowledge of recruitment and selection techniques. You can study for these questions by watching the video lessons contained within this chapter. The lessons each cover a different point that you will need to know, such as:
- HR recruitment and the hiring process
- Job requisition
- Staffing selection methods
- Questions and use of technology in job interviews
- Internal and external recruitment
- Ways HR can promote diversity
- Recruiting metrics
In addition to watching the video lessons, you can check your understanding of the topic by going over the chapter's practice quiz. The quiz and chapter exam questions will help you get used to the format and structure of the actual PHRi Exam.
1. What Is Recruitment in HR?
Finding the right applicant for any job takes time and money. Developing the right recruitment skills helps the organization get and retain quality applicants. Learn about recruitment in HR in this lesson, and take a quiz afterward to see what you've learned.
2. The Hiring Process: How Human Resource Managers Recruit and Hire Employees
When a company is hiring, they need to ensure that they hire the right employees. There are several different steps involved in the hiring process. This lesson explains these steps that include application forms, testing, interviewing, reference checks and health exams.
3. The Job Requisition Process & Postings
This lesson will discuss the process of requesting jobs, receiving approval of requisitions, and monitoring open positions. It will also cover the need for posting job announcements in both the internal and external setting.
4. Common Staffing Selection Methods: Definitions, Interview Types, Pros & Cons
Most companies rely on interviewing potential employees as part of the selection process. In this lesson, you'll learn about different types of interviews utilized by companies. We'll also cover some of the major pitfalls in using them.
5. Job Interviews: Types & Common Questions
Everyone who works for someone else probably had to undergo the dreaded job interview. In this lesson, you'll learn about types of interviews and examples of some common questions. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson.
6. Technology in a Job Interview: Use & Trends
The trends in job interviews are changing due to technological advancements. This lesson will take a look at some of the uses of technology for interviewing.
7. Using Recruitment Events to Reach Candidates
This lesson provides an overview of recruitment events that are helpful in reaching well-qualified job candidates for an organization, including job/career fairs and college campus recruitment events.
8. Job Bidding as a Recruitment Method
Sometimes the best prospects for recruitment can be found already inside the organization. In this lesson, you'll learn about job bidding and how it is used for internal recruitment. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson.
9. Internal Recruitment: Definition, Methods & Process
Successful companies need good employees. Those employees can come from outside the organization or they can move from within. In this lesson, you'll learn what internal recruitment is and how it can be a good thing for employees and the company.
10. External Recruitment: Advantages, Disadvantages & Methods
Do you have a job vacancy and want to learn more about external recruiting? Read on to find out the advantages and disadvantages of this type of recruiting process, as well as the different methods that are used to find potential employees outside of an organization.
11. Role of HR in Promoting Workplace Diversity & Inclusion
In this lesson, we'll examine the definition of diversity and inclusion in the workforce. We'll also discuss methods HR (human resources) may use to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
12. Recruiting Metrics: Importance & Tracking Techniques
Recruiting for open positions can be a challenge to organize and streamline. This lesson discusses ways that HR departments can utilize metrics to track the steps of the entire recruitment process.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Professional in Human Resources - International (PHRi): Exam Prep & Study Guide course
- PHRi Certification: Role of the HR Department
- PHRi Certification: HR Administration
- PHRi Certification: Time Management
- PHRi Certification: Understanding Change Management
- PHRi Certification: Policies & Procedures
- PHRi Certification: Employee Relations & Communication
- PHRi Certification: Employee Compensation & Benefits
- PHRi Certification: Employee Training & Development
- PHRi Certification: Workplace Health, Safety & Security
- Professional in Human Resources - International (PHRi) Flashcards