About This Chapter
SPHRi Certification: Employee Relations & Communication - Chapter Summary
Learn how to keep your employees happy and productive. These lessons relate to the Functional Area 02: People Development and Talent Management (29% of the test) portion of the SPHRi certification exam. Our instructors cover the following topics in this chapter:
- Employee relations: definition and programs
- Methods of HR/employee communications
- International HR/employee relations
Our multifaceted lessons are built around brief and engaging video lessons. Each lesson comes with a topic-searchable video timeline and a transcript that links you to optional content for in-depth study. The chapter exam and lesson quizzes are available for you to ensure your retention of the material.
1. What Is Employee Relations? - Definition & Concept
Happy employees are productive employees. Successful businesses know how to manage relationships to build lasting employee satisfaction. Learn the meaning of employee relations and understand the essential elements of an effective employee relations program.
2. Modes of HR Communication in the Workplace
The HR department is responsible for delivering important messages to an entire business. In order to do this, they need to use multiple lines of communication.
3. Human Resource Interactions with Host, Parent & Third-Country Nationals
Employee relations are guided by human resource (HR) management professionals, and the global environment makes doing this more complex. In this lesson, we'll see how HR professionals interact with employees across the globe.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Senior Professional in Human Resources - International (SPHRi): Exam Prep & Study Guide course
- SPHRi Certification: HR Leadership in Business
- SPHRi Certification: Understanding Change Management
- SPHRi Certification: Organizational Training Programs
- SPHRi Certification: Employee Development & Talent Management
- SPHRi Certification: The Global Workplace
- SPHRi Certification: HR Service Delivery
- SPHRi Certification: Recruitment & Staffing
- SPHRi Certification: Project Management
- SPHRi Certification: HR Metrics
- Senior Professional in Human Resources - International (SPHRi) Flashcards