About This Chapter
SPHRi Certification: Organizational Training Programs - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this chapter will teach you about the assessment of training needs in an organization, the types of employee training programs, and methods for training employees. This chapter has relevance to Functional Area 02: People Development and Talent Management, which composes 29% of the SPHRi certification exam. Other topics covered in the chapter include:
- New hire orientation
- The coordination and evaluation of training needs
- Documentation of training and employee performance
- Techniques to enhance adult learning
Our video lessons generally last less than ten minutes. When it's time to review, you can use the interactive timeline that allows you to jump to any major video topic. Text lessons are short, too, and make it easy to spot important topics by highlighting them in bold type. The lesson quizzes and chapter exams can help you be sure you are retaining the information you need. If you are lost, the instructors can answer your questions via the user interface.
1. Assessing Training Needs of an Organization
This lesson discusses the process of assessing the training needs of an organization, which begins with looking at what is presently being done there and comparing that to what needs to be done. New training plans can then be put into place, making it possible for managers to solve problems.
2. Types of Employee Training Programs
There are several types of employee training programs. Employees may receive basic literacy training, interpersonal skills training, technical training, problem-solving training and diversity or sensitivity training. Each type of training targets a different facet of an organization's overall culture and performance.
3. New Hire Orientation: Importance of Training Design & Content
A key HR function is ensuring that employees become integrated into the organization and their jobs as efficiently, effectively and quickly as possible. In this lesson, you'll learn about the orientation process, which seeks to achieve this.
4. Methods for Training Employees: Mentoring, On-The-Job & Job Rotation
There are several different types of training methods used to acclimate an employee to a new job or even to a new position within his current organization. In this lesson, we'll discuss several different methods, including on-the-job training, job rotation and job mentoring.
5. Coordinating & Evaluating Training Needs
All successful businesses provide training for employees. This lesson will focus on employee training and the importance of both its coordination and methods for evaluating results.
6. Documenting Employee Training & Performance
Gathering performance data allows companies to make informed decisions about the trainings that should be offered to their employees. By analyzing employee attendance and performance, businesses can make any changes necessary to ensure that employees are receiving the tools they need to succeed.
7. Adult Learning: Importance, Concepts & Methods
Many people are returning to school in their adult years to earn a degree or finish up an education they started years ago. Instructors have to take a different approach with the non-traditional student to make the learning relevant and useful in their careers and lives.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Senior Professional in Human Resources - International (SPHRi): Exam Prep & Study Guide course
- SPHRi Certification: HR Leadership in Business
- SPHRi Certification: Understanding Change Management
- SPHRi Certification: Employee Development & Talent Management
- SPHRi Certification: The Global Workplace
- SPHRi Certification: HR Service Delivery
- SPHRi Certification: Recruitment & Staffing
- SPHRi Certification: Project Management
- SPHRi Certification: Employee Relations & Communication
- SPHRi Certification: HR Metrics
- Senior Professional in Human Resources - International (SPHRi) Flashcards