About This Chapter
SPHRi Certification: Recruitment & Staffing - Chapter Summary
Learn about recruitment of new employees, the hiring process, and the use of metrics in recruiting. This chapter relates to Functional Area 03: HR Service Delivery, which is 23% of the SPHRi certification exam. Our instructors cover the following topics in an engaging way:
- Use of recruitment events
- Definition and use of job bidding
- Internal and external recruitment
- Job interviews: types, questions, and technology
Our video-based lessons are designed to be a time-efficient way for you to learn the information you need on your own schedule. In addition to the video, each lesson comes with a transcript that includes highlighted vocabulary words and links to related content for in-depth study. The lesson quizzes feature links back to the video so that when you miss a question, you can go back and review the exact information the question was pulled from.
1. What Is Recruitment in HR?
Finding the right applicant for any job takes time and money. Developing the right recruitment skills helps the organization get and retain quality applicants. Learn about recruitment in HR in this lesson, and take a quiz afterward to see what you've learned.
2. The Hiring Process: How Human Resource Managers Recruit and Hire Employees
When a company is hiring, they need to ensure that they hire the right employees. There are several different steps involved in the hiring process. This lesson explains these steps that include application forms, testing, interviewing, reference checks and health exams.
3. Using Recruitment Events to Reach Candidates
This lesson provides an overview of recruitment events that are helpful in reaching well-qualified job candidates for an organization, including job/career fairs and college campus recruitment events.
4. Job Bidding as a Recruitment Method
Sometimes the best prospects for recruitment can be found already inside the organization. In this lesson, you'll learn about job bidding and how it is used for internal recruitment. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson.
5. Internal Recruitment: Definition, Methods & Process
Successful companies need good employees. Those employees can come from outside the organization or they can move from within. In this lesson, you'll learn what internal recruitment is and how it can be a good thing for employees and the company.
6. External Recruitment: Advantages, Disadvantages & Methods
Do you have a job vacancy and want to learn more about external recruiting? Read on to find out the advantages and disadvantages of this type of recruiting process, as well as the different methods that are used to find potential employees outside of an organization.
7. Common Staffing Selection Methods: Definitions, Interview Types, Pros & Cons
Most companies rely on interviewing potential employees as part of the selection process. In this lesson, you'll learn about different types of interviews utilized by companies. We'll also cover some of the major pitfalls in using them.
8. Job Interviews: Types & Common Questions
Everyone who works for someone else probably had to undergo the dreaded job interview. In this lesson, you'll learn about types of interviews and examples of some common questions. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson.
9. Technology in a Job Interview: Use & Trends
The trends in job interviews are changing due to technological advancements. This lesson will take a look at some of the uses of technology for interviewing.
10. Recruiting Metrics: Importance & Tracking Techniques
Recruiting for open positions can be a challenge to organize and streamline. This lesson discusses ways that HR departments can utilize metrics to track the steps of the entire recruitment process.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Senior Professional in Human Resources - International (SPHRi): Exam Prep & Study Guide course
- SPHRi Certification: HR Leadership in Business
- SPHRi Certification: Understanding Change Management
- SPHRi Certification: Organizational Training Programs
- SPHRi Certification: Employee Development & Talent Management
- SPHRi Certification: The Global Workplace
- SPHRi Certification: HR Service Delivery
- SPHRi Certification: Project Management
- SPHRi Certification: Employee Relations & Communication
- SPHRi Certification: HR Metrics
- Senior Professional in Human Resources - International (SPHRi) Flashcards