About This Chapter
SPHRi Certification: The Global Workplace - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you will learn about workforce diversity and the role that HR plays in promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. These lessons relate most directly to Functional Area 02: People Development and Talent Management, which is 29% of the SPHRi certification exam. The instructors also cover these other topics in this chapter:
- Cultural standards and values at work
- Cross-cultural communication
- Consideration of local conditions by HR
Our video lessons include a transcript that presents the information a second way to enable enhanced comprehension. Text lessons highlight key terms and concepts in bold type. Lesson quizzes and the chapter exam can help you make sure you have mastered the material.
1. What is Workforce Diversity? - Definition & Issues
Workforce diversity is a valuable asset for any business that seeks a competitive advantage in the global economy. Learn about the issues associated with workforce diversity and take a quiz to test your knowledge.
2. Role of HR in Promoting Workplace Diversity & Inclusion
In this lesson, we'll examine the definition of diversity and inclusion in the workforce. We'll also discuss methods HR (human resources) may use to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
3. Cultural Standards & Values in the Workplace: Knowledge & Application
This lesson defines culture and cultural standards and explains cultural standards and values in the workplace, including knowledge and importance of cross-cultural skills.
4. Cross-Cultural Communication: Definition, Strategies & Examples
Cross-cultural communication is imperative for companies that have a diverse workforce and participate in the global economy. It is important for employees to understand the factors that are part of an effective, diverse workforce.
5. HR Management: Considerations for Local Labor Conditions
This lesson explains how to analyze local labor conditions and the role of human resource management as it relates to labor considerations. Some of the major considerations include employment laws, international employment laws and regulations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Senior Professional in Human Resources - International (SPHRi): Exam Prep & Study Guide course
- SPHRi Certification: HR Leadership in Business
- SPHRi Certification: Understanding Change Management
- SPHRi Certification: Organizational Training Programs
- SPHRi Certification: Employee Development & Talent Management
- SPHRi Certification: HR Service Delivery
- SPHRi Certification: Recruitment & Staffing
- SPHRi Certification: Project Management
- SPHRi Certification: Employee Relations & Communication
- SPHRi Certification: HR Metrics
- Senior Professional in Human Resources - International (SPHRi) Flashcards