About This Chapter
HTML Elements & Lists - Chapter Summary
In this corporate training chapter, we cover HTML elements and lists for your employees to review anywhere at any time. The lessons examine HTML document types and their elements. For self-assessment purposes, a lesson quiz and chapter test are included for use once they've completed the lessons.
How It Helps
- Offers flexibility in training: Even if you have teams in multiple locations or on different schedules, this mobile-friendly chapter allows you total flexibility.
- Builds strong employees: IT employees who understand how to use HTML lists and elements will be better able to do their jobs to the fullest.
- Promotes knowledge: After completing this chapter, your teams will have learned about the different types of special comments and characters in HTML and how they are used.
This chapter ensures your employees are able to:
- Provide examples of the types and elements of HTML documents
- Discuss the use of paragraphs, line breaks, headings and indents in HTML
- Explain how text is formatted with HTML
- Define description, ordered and unordered lists in HTML
- Outline the uses for HTML special characters and comments
- Give examples of Nav, footer, header and DIV in HTML
- Create a basic web page using CSS and HTML
1. HTML Document Types & Elements: Purpose & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn about the Document Type Definition (DTD). You will learn about the purpose of the HTML element in a web page along with the descriptions of the head, meta, body and other body elements with relevant examples.
2. Headings, Paragraphs, Line Breaks & Indents in HTML: Use & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn about the various types of headings in HTML. You will also learn about paragraph tags, line breaks, indents, and phrase elements. All of these will be explained with suitable examples.
3. Formatting Text With HTML
In this lesson, you will learn about the various types of HTML formatting tags and how they are used. Even though CSS has deprecated many of these tags, numerous sites still use them. You will also learn how to view the source of an HTML page to inspect the source code of an HTML page.
4. Ordered, Unordered & Description Lists in HTML: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn about three different types of lists in HTML: ordered, unordered and description. You will also learn about the different attributes that can be used with each of these lists to change their structure.
5. Special Characters & Comments in HTML: Types & Uses
In this lesson, you will learn how to comment HTML code and the importance of doing so. You will also learn how to write special characters in HTML and understand the reason why these need to be handled in a special way.
6. DIV, Header, Nav & Footer in HTML: Definition & Examples
The DIV tag or element is the most widely used tag in HTML. Header, Nav and Footer tags were introduced as part of latest HTML5 similar to ‹div› tag, targeted to be specific and suit their content. In this lesson, let us see how and why to use these tags on your webpages.
7. Practical Application for HTML & CSS: Creating a Basic Web Page
After working through this lesson, you'll be able to create a basic web page using a text editor and view your page in a browser. In addition, you will know how to use Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) elements to create headings, lists, and division sections.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.