About This Chapter
Human Resource Management for Real Estate - Chapter Summary
Engaging video lessons will impart important elements you can go over quickly and thoroughly. You will be able to refresh your knowledge of key information related to human resource management (HRM) for real estate. You will learn about recruitment, what an independent contractor is, and how you can conduct employee appraisals. In addition, once you complete this chapter you should be able to:
- Apply laws and regulations of HRM
- Use employment agreements involving brokers
- Implement compliance with the ADA
- Maintain documentation on employee training and performance
- Show an understanding of employee compensation
- Compare different types of termination arrangements
You will be able to focus in on the necessary information you most need by taking the quizzes throughout the chapter and tracking your progress on your personalized Dashboard. Even with a busy schedule you can review all the necessary information for your purpose. The full video transcripts also offer you a way to print out a hard copy if you want. Whatever you need for convenience and flexibility, you have it here.
1. Human Resource Management (HRM): Laws & Regulations
Learn about several laws, regulations, policies and governing entities that human resource management (HRM) must comply with, like the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), sexual harassment and affirmative action.
2. Human Resource Management: Hiring and Staffing
In this lesson, we will explore the role a manager plays in human resource management, including hiring and staffing. We will also look at the circumstances affecting employment decisions such as promotion, turnover, downsizing, job redesign and termination.
3. The Hiring Process: How Human Resource Managers Recruit and Hire Employees
When a company is hiring, they need to ensure that they hire the right employees. There are several different steps involved in the hiring process. This lesson explains these steps that include application forms, testing, interviewing, reference checks and health exams.
4. Hiring Employees: Federal & State Laws on Documentation
Form I-9, Form W4, additional tax withholding paperwork... there are many required forms for a new hire to complete when they start work. This lesson reviews the mandatory documentation that a job candidate must complete in order to be legally employed.
5. Real Estate Agents: Employees vs. Independent Contractors
When starting a career in real estate, it can be confusing to figure out if you are considered an employee or an independent contractor. While both styles of employment are beneficial to you in different ways, the majority of agents are considered independent contractors.
6. Employment Agreements Involving Brokers
In this lesson, we will learn about the employment agreement between brokers and their associate-licensees, the importance, purpose and important elements of the agreement, and the rules regarding supervision.
7. HR Policies: Legal & Industry Regulations
Many different things influence HR policies in organizations. In this lesson, we'll take a look at some of the ways that legal and industry regulations can affect policy.
8. What Is the EEOC? - Definition & Concept
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is an important government agency that affects employers and employees. In this lesson, you'll find out what the EEOC is and what it does.
9. What is ADA Compliance? - Definition & Guidelines
This lesson will provide you with a definition of the ADA and ADA compliance. Guidelines for being in compliance with the ADA and some examples will also be provided.
10. Employee Performance Appraisal: Methods, Process & Examples
Do you understand the purpose of an employee performance appraisal? Do you know the different methods used to prepare an appraisal and what process is typically used? Read on for answers to all of these questions!
11. Documenting Employee Training & Performance
Gathering performance data allows companies to make informed decisions about the trainings that should be offered to their employees. By analyzing employee attendance and performance, businesses can make any changes necessary to ensure that employees are receiving the tools they need to succeed.
12. What Is a Policy Statement? - Definition & Examples
All organizations need some degree of consistent behavior among employees in certain situations. In this lesson, you'll learn the definition of policy statements, see some examples, and learn how best to write policy.
13. Understanding Employee Compensation
Compensation is pay for services during the course of employment. This can be direct (or monetary) compensation and indirect (or non-monetary) compensation in the form of benefits provided to the employee.
14. Types of Termination: Attrition, Layoffs, Resignation, Retirement & RIF
An organization's labor force is almost always in flux: sometimes employees need to be replaced and sometimes they don't. In this lesson, you'll learn about the different ways employment can be terminated. A short quiz follows the lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam: Study Guide & Practice course
- Alabama Real Estate Licensure
- Alabama Real Estate Law & Statutory Requirements
- Alabama Real Estate Violations & Disciplinary Actions
- Understanding Agency Relationships & Agreements in Real Estate
- Ethical Conduct & Professional Duties in Real Estate
- Fundamentals of Business Planning
- Real Estate Licensee Training & Supervision
- Real Estate Sales Contracts for Buyers & Sellers
- Property Disclosures in Real Estate
- Closing & Settlement Real Estate Transactions
- Overview of Real Estate Negotiation
- Fundamentals of Real Estate Financing
- Risk Management for Real Estate
- Advertising Laws in Real Estate
- Valuation of Real Property
- Overview of Property Management
- Commercial Real Estate
- New Construction Real Estate
- Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam Flashcards