About This Chapter
Human Resource Workforce Planning- Chapter Summary
When preparing to learn all you can about HR, it will be useful to feel confident on the topic of workforce planning. This chapter makes sure you are prepared on topics such as:
- Value of human capital
- Human capital risk management
- Transition oversight
- Workforce planning
- Structure and goals of an organization
- Equal employment opportunity
- Job descriptions and specifications
- Hiring and staffing
- Human resource management
- International HR
This chapter offers a wide variety of resources that are perfect for helping you through the study process. When you complete each lesson, you have the chance to take our quick and self-assessing quizzes. These quizzes have multiple-choice questions and give you immediate feedback after you are done taking them. That way you can quickly see what you have mastered and what you need to improve.
1. What Is Human Capital in Management? - Definition & Value
Human capital (or people) management is a process of directing, investing in, and developing an organization's workforce. An organization must take the time to manage human capital so that it aligns with their goals.
2. Human Capital Risk Management: Process & Analysis
This lesson reviews red flags in human capital risk management and a process for analyzing human capital risks in an organization. By looking at the employee life cycle, from assessing workforce needs through conducting exit interviews, risks can be assessed and managed.
3. Responsibilities of HR in Transition Oversight
Organizations going through a transition have many tasks to manage, such as developing a strategy and changing the organization's structure. This lesson reviews the role of HR in transitions and change management.
4. Role of HR in Organization Structure & Goals
One of the main tasks of HR is to hire employees with the right skills and experience. But is that enough on its own? This lesson discusses several ways that HR can identify workforce requirements to achieve an organization's short- and long-term goals.
5. Equal Employment Opportunity: Title VII Requirements for Managers & Organizations
Violation of Title VII can result in serious consequences for a business. In this lesson, you'll learn important issues and concepts that managers must understand in order to comply with Title VII. A short quiz follows the lesson.
6. The Importance of Job Specifications, Job Descriptions, and Position Descriptions
Job design is one of the key responsibilities of human resource management professionals. In this lesson, you'll learn about job specifications, job descriptions, and position descriptions, and why they are important to human resource management.
7. Human Resource Management: Hiring and Staffing
In this lesson, we will explore the role a manager plays in human resource management, including hiring and staffing. We will also look at the circumstances affecting employment decisions such as promotion, turnover, downsizing, job redesign and termination.
8. Human Resource Management (HRM): Laws & Regulations
Learn about several laws, regulations, policies and governing entities that human resource management (HRM) must comply with, like the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), sexual harassment and affirmative action.
9. International HR: Global Workforce Planning & Employment
When your company is spread all over the world, how do your HR staff make sure that the right person is employed at the right place in the right time? The lessons looks at key elements of workforce planning, and examines some of the issues of workforce planning on a global scale.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SPHR Certification Exam Study Guide - Senior Professional in Human Resources course
- Role of HR in Business Management & Strategy
- Role of HR in Organizational Policies & Procedures
- Role of HR in Change Management
- Human Resources Role in Employment
- Role of HR in Employee Development
- Organizational Development Theories
- The Global Workplace
- Role of HR in Employee Compensation & Benefits
- HR's Role in Employee & Labor Relations
- Risk Management in the Workplace
- SPHR Certification Exam Study Guide - Senior Professional in Human Resources Flashcards