About This Chapter
Human Resources in India - Chapter Summary
This convenient and self-paced study resource offers insight into human resource departments in India. As you work through the chapter, you'll break down HR recruiting, hiring and training processes and understand the functions of unions. You'll also examine India's social security system. After reviewing these lessons, you should be able to:
- Understand how HR departments recruit applicants
- Outline the process of finding and hiring employees
- Evaluate several types of employee training programs
- Define the duties and roles of union members and leaders
- Explain the components of Indian social security
These online study resources come with self-assessment quizzes to help you retain important HR concepts and definitions. Our expert instructors are available to answer your questions, and you can print the lesson transcripts to study offline. To make your studying experience flexible and convenient, we've made the chapter available on any device that has an Internet connection.
1. What Is Recruitment in HR?
Finding the right applicant for any job takes time and money. Developing the right recruitment skills helps the organization get and retain quality applicants. Learn about recruitment in HR in this lesson, and take a quiz afterward to see what you've learned.
2. The Hiring Process: How Human Resource Managers Recruit and Hire Employees
When a company is hiring, they need to ensure that they hire the right employees. There are several different steps involved in the hiring process. This lesson explains these steps that include application forms, testing, interviewing, reference checks and health exams.
3. Types of Employee Training Programs
There are several types of employee training programs. Employees may receive basic literacy training, interpersonal skills training, technical training, problem-solving training and diversity or sensitivity training. Each type of training targets a different facet of an organization's overall culture and performance.
4. Roles and Duties of Union Members and Leadership
Union membership can offer some important benefits to workers. In this lesson, we'll discuss the purposes of a union, the roles members may play in a union and the effects of union representation in an organization.
5. Social Security in India
As an employee, life does not stop. In India, there are several social security plans that benefit employees when life events occur. This lesson will discuss each of them and define who is eligible.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ICSE Commercial Studies: Study Guide & Syllabus course
- Commercial Organization in India
- Functions of a Commercial Organization
- Communication in a Commercial Organization
- Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Banking in India
- Home & International Trade
- Pollution & Business
- Waste Management in India
- Stakeholders in Commercial Organizations
- Business Marketing in India
- Logistics & Insurance in Business
- ICSE Commercial Studies Flashcards