About This Chapter
Identifying Long-Term Trends in Retail - Chapter Summary
Discover or enhance your current understanding of ways to identify long-term trends in retail with help from this entertaining chapter. Our expert instructors offer in-depth analyses of customer needs, demographic shifts, customer behavior and much more as they relate to retail trends. Access these lessons any time your schedule permits and visit as many times as needed to feel confident in your knowledge of these concepts. When you're ready, use our short quizzes and chapter exam to confirm your comprehension. Our Dashboard keeps track of your progress and enables you to send lesson topic questions to our experts. Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Detail the theory and history of diffusion of innovation
- Analyze four major concerns of long-term retail trends
- Describe the impact customer needs have on retail trends
- Explain how demographic shifts affect retail trends
- Discuss ways retail trends are impacted by changes in customer behavior
- Provide an explanation of ways disruptors and accelerators impact retail trends
1. Diffusion of Innovation: Theory, History & Examples
New ideas and technologies find ways to spread around the world, but it actually takes a lot to fully adopt them into a new society. Explore the idea of diffusion of innovation, and test your understanding with a brief quiz.
2. Long-Term Retail Trends: Analyzing Four Major Concerns
Identifying long-term retail trends gets a bit easier with the four components we identify in this lesson. You'll learn about the impact that customer needs and behaviors, demographics, and disruptors/accelerators have.
3. Impact of Customer Needs on Retail Trends
After reading this lesson, you'll see just how much impact consumers have on the retail industry. See how customer needs are shaping the retail experience.
4. Impact of Demographic Shifts on Retail Trends
The United States is experiencing some major demographic shifts. Learn about the four shifts that are having a significant impact on today's retail trends.
5. Impact of Changes in Customer Behavior on Retail Trends
Consumer behavior has a huge impact on retail trends. In this lesson, we'll take a look at five specific consumer behaviors and how they are shaping the way retailers operate, grow, and behave.
6. Impact of Disruptors & Accelerators on Retail Trends
Disruptors and accelerators in retail can shift a business or industry forever. In this lesson, you'll learn more about five major areas impacting the retail industry today and into the future.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 328: Retail Innovation course
- Introduction to Retail Innovation
- Strategic Retail Perspectives
- Evaluating Retail Innovation
- Intrapreneurship in Retail Management
- Product & Process Innovation
- Innovation & the Customer Experience
- Innovation through Greentailing
- Gaining a Competitive Retail Advantage
- Retail Innovation: Opportunities & Threats