About This Chapter
Identifying Solutions to Business Problems - Chapter Summary
Use this chapter on identifying solutions to business problems as part of your corporate training for supervisors. The chapter includes short videos covering the habits of strategic thinkers, brainstorming and big picture thinking as it's used in business. Our videos are generally less than ten minutes in length and easy to navigate if any of the topics need to be reviewed again.
How It Helps
- Builds confidence: Leaders and supervisors who know how to tackle business problems and find effective solutions are more confident in their positions.
- Teaches big-picture thinking: Helps your supervisors and leadership teams understand how to keep the big picture in mind.
- Encourages application: Supervisors come away with habits and strategies they can utilize right away in their business decisions and workplace situations.
Use this chapter to teach your supervisors how to:
- Define the process and techniques associated with idea generation
- Understand big picture thinking in business
- Differentiate between detail-oriented thinking and big picture thinking
- Outline brainstorming and other strategies for big picture thinking
- Utilize effective habits for strategic thinking
1. What is Idea Generation? - Definition, Process & Techniques
Businesses all have different ways of working. Some use a process called, 'idea generation' to figure out what works for them. Watch this lesson to explore what idea generation is and examine its processes as well as some techniques.
2. What Is Big Picture Thinking in Business?
Big picture thinkers change the world - they create exciting products, new opportunities and generate non-stop ideas. Big picture thinkers can help a business move ahead in profitable avenues. This lesson discusses the value of having big picture thinking in your business.
3. Big Picture vs. Detail-Oriented Thinking
As you are organizing your business, a balance of big thinkers and detail-oriented people are needed. This ensures that ideas and opportunities are presented and the details are executed.
4. Brainstorming & Other Big Picture Thinking Strategies
Brainstorming, removing boundaries and focusing on possibilities are just a few ways to increase big picture thinking in a business. This lesson focuses on coming up with innovative, fresh ideas and solutions in business.
5. Habits of Strategic Thinkers
Developing the habits of a strategic thinker can change mediocre plans into exceptional ones. This lesson provides helpful suggestions for becoming a strategic thinker.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.