About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering identity property material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn identity properties. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to apply identity properties
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about identity properties
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the identity property chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the identity property chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any identity property question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an identity property unit of a standard math course. Topics covered include:
- Definition of the identity property
- Identity property of addition
- Identity property of multiplication
1. Identity Property: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn the definition of the identity property, discover the four different identity properties and examine examples that clearly illustrate these properties. Following this lesson will be a brief quiz to test your knowledge.
2. Identity Property of Addition: Definition & Example
This lesson will give you the definition of the identity property of addition. You will be shown examples to clearly illustrate the material. Following the lesson will be a brief quiz to test your knowledge.
3. Identity Property of Multiplication: Definition & Example
This lesson will give you the definition of the identity property of multiplication, examples of this property and an explanation of why this property always works. Following the lesson will be a brief quiz to test your knowledge of the material.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Number Properties: Help & Review course