About This Chapter
IELTS Listening Tasks - Chapter Summary
By going through these lessons on IELTS listening tasks, you can verify your understanding of topics like the types of accents used in the academic monologue section and how to understand cause and effect as functional relationships. You can also gain an understanding of how to fill out a form based on a listening text. After completing the chapter, you should feel confident and ready to:
- List the six types of questions used in the listening section of the IELTS
- Recall strategies for listening to the conversation portion of the IELTS
- Explain how to listen to the monologue section of the IELTS
- Describe listening techniques that can be used for the academic conversation portion of the IELTS
- Discuss the questioning style used for the academic monologue section of the IELTS
- Recount how to label a visual representation from a listening text
- Detail how to fill in an outline based on the facts in a listening text
Each lesson is informative, but concise, which means you can complete the lessons in very little time. A brief quiz is available for each lesson to see how much you understand IELTS listening tasks. You can make the most of the chapter by printing the quiz in worksheet form to use as a study guide.
1. IELTS Listening Question Types
The IELTS Listening section contains a wide range of question types designed to gauge a test taker's ability to understand important facts and main ideas contained in everyday conversation. Read on to learn more about each question type and how to prepare for this part of the exam.
2. IELTS Listening - Conversation Section: Overview, Strategies & Practice
In this lesson, we explore the conversation section of the IELTS Listening exam. We briefly discuss the section layout before discussing some tips and tricks for doing well on the test.
3. IELTS Listening - Monologue Section: Overview, Strategies & Practice
In this lesson we explore the monologue section of the IELTS Listening exam. We detail the format of the monologue section and then discuss some helpful pointers to doing well.
4. IELTS Listening - Academic Conversation Section: Overview & Strategies
In this lesson, we explore the academic conversation section of the IELTS Listening exam. We give a broad overview of the section before discussing some studying techniques and tips to ensure success on the exam.
5. IELTS Listening - Academic Monologue Section: Overview & Strategies
In this lesson we explore the academic monologue section of the IELTS Listening exam. We discuss the basic framework of the test before discussing some helpful strategies to perform well.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the IELTS Academic: Practice & Study Guide course