About This Chapter
ILTS Business: Business Ethics - Chapter Summary
Through the lessons in this chapter, you can examine how to develop a code of ethics and methods for applying that code to business issues. You will learn to analyze factors that influence decisions involving ethics and how to apply ethics to specific business situations. These videos cover the following topics that will prepare you for the exam:
- The ethical climate and culture in an organization
- Corporate social responsibility
- Ethics in contemporary business
- Ethics and social responsibility in the global marketplace
- Laws vs. ethics
These videos and self-assessment quizzes are led by experienced instructors who know how to prepare you for the exam. They give you the knowledge of business ethics that you need and also make learning enjoyable.
Objectives of the ILTS Business: Business Ethics Course
Individuals seeking secondary school certification to teach a business-related subject in Illinois must pass the Illinois Licensure Testing System (ILTS) Business, Marketing and Computer Education test. This test has 125 multiple-choice questions and is divided into six subareas. The questions on the lessons from the Business Ethics chapter are included in subarea IV, which covers entrepreneurship, management, law and international business. At the end of each video lesson are self-assessment quizzes that allow you to become familiar with the test's format and also let you determine what you've learned.
1. Social Responsibility in Organizations
Watch this video lesson to learn how companies put into practice their social responsibilities. Learn how a socially responsible company helps the environment, people, and employees along with giving freely to society.
2. Organizational Ethical Climate: Definition, Issues & Improvement
Organizational ethical climate refers to the moral atmosphere of the work environment and the level of ethics practiced within a company. Instrumental, caring, law and order, rules, and independence are the five types of ethical climate that can exist in an organization.
3. Ethical Culture and Positive Culture in Organizations
In this lesson, you will learn how an ethical and positive culture can be created in an organization and why it is important for organizations to establish an ethical and positive culture.
4. Business Ethics: Corporate Social Responsibility
Now that companies are concerned with society's welfare, corporate social responsibility is a controversial topic. In this lesson, learn the two theories of social responsibility and the arguments for and against the practice.
5. Business Ethics in Contemporary Businesses
The concept of ethics is easy to give examples of but hard to define. In this lesson, we will discuss ethics and how they apply in the business world, as well as discuss an example of an ethical situation using Enron.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ILTS Business, Marketing, and Computer Education (171): Test Practice and Study Guide course
- ILTS Business: Accounting Cycle
- ILTS Business: Applied Accounting
- ILTS Business: Accounting Principles
- ILTS Business: Types of Investments
- ILTS Business: Business Partnerships
- ILTS Business: Evaluating Company Performance
- ILTS Business: Economic Basics
- ILTS Business: The US Economy
- ILTS Business: Fiscal & Monetary Policy
- ILTS Business: Economics of a Firm
- ILTS Business: Global Economics
- ILTS Business: Marketing Basics
- ILTS Business: Product Pricing & Selling
- ILTS Business: Product Development & Distribution
- ILTS Business: Product Promotion
- ILTS Business: Market Research
- ILTS Business: Selling & Customer Service
- ILTS Business: Entrepreneurship
- ILTS Business: Management
- ILTS Business: Organizational Structure
- ILTS Business: Teams in a Business Setting
- ILTS Business: Leadership
- ILTS Business: Human Resource Management
- ILTS Business: Business Law
- ILTS Business: Global Business
- ILTS Business: Challenges of Globalization
- ILTS Business: Business Communication
- ILTS Business: Computer Basics
- ILTS Business: Information Systems & Applications
- ILTS Business: The Internet and Business
- ILTS Business, Marketing, and Computer Education Flashcards