About This Chapter
ILTS Business, Marketing and Computer Education - Evaluating Company Performance: Chapter Summary
Through this online chapter on evaluating company performance, you can learn about accounting disciplines and the role of managerial accounting in business. This series of brief and engaging video lessons can help you develop your accounting skills before you take the Illinois Licensure Testing System (ILTS) Business, Marketing and Computer Education exam.
This chapter also addresses manufacturing versus buying products, leasing versus buying assets, replacing versus repairing equipment and discontinuing verses discounting a product. Additional topics related to evaluating company performance that are covered in this chapter include the following:
- Break-even analysis
- Inventory valuation methods
- Commercial and investment banking
- Investment opportunities in stocks and bonds
- The importance of evaluating investment management
- Determining company performance through financial statement ratios
- Standard cost analysis
- Differential analysis and present value in accounting
- Capital investment opportunities
ILTS Business, Marketing and Computer Education - Evaluating Company Performance Objectives
Prospective business, marketing and computer education teachers must pass this ILTS content area test if they want to teach in an Illinois public school. The exam's 125 multiple-choice questions cover six subareas, including accounting principles and practices. This section is likely to include questions about evaluating company performance.
The videos in this chapter on evaluating company performance are brief, but they include all the information you'll need to pass the ILTS Business, Marketing and Computer Education test. Each lesson in this chapter includes a self-assessment quiz that's modeled after the ILTS, so you'll be familiar with the format come test day.
1. Accounting Disciplines: Descriptions and Definitions
Most people know that accountants work with numbers, but there's more to accounting than bookkeeping. In this lesson, you'll learn about various accounting disciplines including managerial, financial, tax, government and non-profit accounting.
2. Inventory Valuation Methods: Specific Identification, FIFO, LIFO & Weighted Average
This lesson introduces you to the cost flow assumption methods of specific identification: FIFO, LIFO, and weighted average. You will also learn how to compute inventory in a perpetual system using the methods of FIFO, LIFO, and weighted average.
3. Investment Opportunities in Stocks and Bonds
Investors often turn to the stock and bond markets when investing their money. Each market offers opportunities and risks for the individual investor. In this lesson, we'll explore the nature of these investments.
4. Financial Statement Ratios: Determining Company Performance
Have you ever wondered why the financial statements are so important to a company? In this lesson, you will learn about several financial statement ratios and how they help determine company performance.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ILTS Business, Marketing, and Computer Education (171): Test Practice and Study Guide course
- ILTS Business: Accounting Cycle
- ILTS Business: Applied Accounting
- ILTS Business: Accounting Principles
- ILTS Business: Types of Investments
- ILTS Business: Business Partnerships
- ILTS Business: Economic Basics
- ILTS Business: The US Economy
- ILTS Business: Fiscal & Monetary Policy
- ILTS Business: Economics of a Firm
- ILTS Business: Global Economics
- ILTS Business: Marketing Basics
- ILTS Business: Product Pricing & Selling
- ILTS Business: Product Development & Distribution
- ILTS Business: Product Promotion
- ILTS Business: Market Research
- ILTS Business: Selling & Customer Service
- ILTS Business: Entrepreneurship
- ILTS Business: Management
- ILTS Business: Organizational Structure
- ILTS Business: Teams in a Business Setting
- ILTS Business: Leadership
- ILTS Business: Human Resource Management
- ILTS Business: Business Ethics
- ILTS Business: Business Law
- ILTS Business: Global Business
- ILTS Business: Challenges of Globalization
- ILTS Business: Business Communication
- ILTS Business: Computer Basics
- ILTS Business: Information Systems & Applications
- ILTS Business: The Internet and Business
- ILTS Business, Marketing, and Computer Education Flashcards