About This Chapter
ILTS Business, Marketing, and Computer Education: Selling and Customer Service - Chapter Summary
Make the most of your review time; use these video lessons to help you review for the ILTS certification test in business. Video instructors use simple, everyday language and examples you can relate to in making engaging lessons that go over the most important vocabulary and concepts in each lesson.
The lessons in the Selling and Customer Service chapter include:
- Customer relationship management and marketing technology
- Customer service
- Dealing with customer complaints
- Operations management: focusing on production efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Personal selling: the steps of the selling process
- Relationship selling vs. traditional methods: definition and purpose
- Sales techniques
ILTS Business, Marketing, and Computer Education: Objectives
The ILTS Business, Marketing, and Computer Education examination determines your eligibility for teacher licensing in your subject area. The exam consists of 125 multiple-choice questions.You'll receive a score of 100-300 on the exam. You'll need a score of 240 or greater to apply for licensing.
Our video lessons each include a self-assessment quiz, which helps you prepare in two ways:
- Quiz questions allow you to gain experience with the types of questions found on the exam
- Your scores on the quizzes let you know how well you're remembering the material
1. Relationship Selling vs. Traditional Methods: Definition and Purpose
Promoting is an important method of communicating the benefits of a product or service. The traditional way of selling does not take into account developing a long-term relationship with customers and is more concerned with just making a sale. The proper way of selling in a marketing environment is relationship selling. This is concerned with solving customer product needs and delivering long-term customer service.
2. Personal Selling: The Steps of the Selling Process
This lesson introduces you to the concept of personal selling. You will learn about the steps in the personal selling process, including how to close a deal.
3. Operations Management: Focusing on Production Efficiency & Customer Satisfaction
Operations is the lifeblood of any organization - how a business works and processes materials and services helps produce its output. In this lesson we will focus on operations and explain the elements present in it.
4. Customer Relationship Management and Marketing Technology
Customer relationship management helps companies retain customers and boost the effectiveness of their marketing strategies. Watch this video to see how customer relationship management is guided by technology to provide the most appropriate level of customer service.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ILTS Business, Marketing, and Computer Education (171): Test Practice and Study Guide course
- ILTS Business: Accounting Cycle
- ILTS Business: Applied Accounting
- ILTS Business: Accounting Principles
- ILTS Business: Types of Investments
- ILTS Business: Business Partnerships
- ILTS Business: Evaluating Company Performance
- ILTS Business: Economic Basics
- ILTS Business: The US Economy
- ILTS Business: Fiscal & Monetary Policy
- ILTS Business: Economics of a Firm
- ILTS Business: Global Economics
- ILTS Business: Marketing Basics
- ILTS Business: Product Pricing & Selling
- ILTS Business: Product Development & Distribution
- ILTS Business: Product Promotion
- ILTS Business: Market Research
- ILTS Business: Entrepreneurship
- ILTS Business: Management
- ILTS Business: Organizational Structure
- ILTS Business: Teams in a Business Setting
- ILTS Business: Leadership
- ILTS Business: Human Resource Management
- ILTS Business: Business Ethics
- ILTS Business: Business Law
- ILTS Business: Global Business
- ILTS Business: Challenges of Globalization
- ILTS Business: Business Communication
- ILTS Business: Computer Basics
- ILTS Business: Information Systems & Applications
- ILTS Business: The Internet and Business
- ILTS Business, Marketing, and Computer Education Flashcards