About This Chapter
ILTS Business, Marketing, and Computer Education: Teams in a Business Setting - Chapter Summary
In the Teams in a Business Setting chapter, you can review what goes into an effective team within an organization and the theory behind working in teams. Lessons in this chapter include:
- Characteristics of effective teams
- Groups in organizations: formation, types and quiz
- Group size and performance
- Motivation theory: needs-based and behavior-based
- Reward systems and employee behavior: intrinsic and extrinsic rewards
To make the most of your study experience, you'll want to emphasize key words and the most important ideas in each of these lessons. Our video instructors make this easier, using relatable examples and visual cues to help you remember the information in these videos.
ILTS Business, Marketing, and Computer Education: Objectives
The Illinois Licensure Testing Systems (ILTS) offers the content-area exam in Business, Marketing, and Computer Education to determine your eligibility for teacher licensing in this subject. You'll earn a score of 100-300 on the test. You'll have to earn at least a 240 to apply for licensing.
The exam consists of 125 multiple-choice questions. Our video lessons include self-assessment quizzes, which helps you prepare in two ways:
- You can track your progress as you go with the quizzes so you can see how well you're learning the material
- You can gain experience with the kinds of questions found on the ILTS exam
1. Characteristics of Effective Teams: Examples and Qualities
Effective teams can contribute heavily to the success of an organization. This lesson explores the key characteristics that make teams effective in the business world. You'll see an example of each characteristic and learn about underlying, supportive aspects of effectiveness.
2. Groups in Organizations: Formation & Types
There are many different types of groups, likely more than you may be aware of. In this lesson, we will explore the various types of groups and how they are defined. We will also look at how or why they form, as this will give us a better understanding of their focus and design.
3. How Size Affects Group Performance
Group size has a direct impact on group productivity and function, allowing different roles to emerge that will influence how the group operates and interacts. In this lesson, we will review group size as a variable in group performance.
4. Motivation Theory: Needs-Based & Behavior-Based
There are two schools of thought used to explain employee motivation in the workplace. Needs-based theory states that employees have certain needs that must be met in order to be motivated to perform. Behavior-based theory believes motivating factors influence behavior towards work.
5. Reward Systems & Employee Behavior: Intrinsic & Extrinsic Rewards
Have you ever wondered why some employees are more motivated than others to work at a higher level of productivity? This lesson explains how managers use intrinsic and extrinsic rewards to reinforce positive employee behavior.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ILTS Business, Marketing, and Computer Education (171): Test Practice and Study Guide course
- ILTS Business: Accounting Cycle
- ILTS Business: Applied Accounting
- ILTS Business: Accounting Principles
- ILTS Business: Types of Investments
- ILTS Business: Business Partnerships
- ILTS Business: Evaluating Company Performance
- ILTS Business: Economic Basics
- ILTS Business: The US Economy
- ILTS Business: Fiscal & Monetary Policy
- ILTS Business: Economics of a Firm
- ILTS Business: Global Economics
- ILTS Business: Marketing Basics
- ILTS Business: Product Pricing & Selling
- ILTS Business: Product Development & Distribution
- ILTS Business: Product Promotion
- ILTS Business: Market Research
- ILTS Business: Selling & Customer Service
- ILTS Business: Entrepreneurship
- ILTS Business: Management
- ILTS Business: Organizational Structure
- ILTS Business: Leadership
- ILTS Business: Human Resource Management
- ILTS Business: Business Ethics
- ILTS Business: Business Law
- ILTS Business: Global Business
- ILTS Business: Challenges of Globalization
- ILTS Business: Business Communication
- ILTS Business: Computer Basics
- ILTS Business: Information Systems & Applications
- ILTS Business: The Internet and Business
- ILTS Business, Marketing, and Computer Education Flashcards