About This Chapter
ILTS Mathematics: Linear Relations & Functions - Chapter Summary
Better your skills at calculating the slope of a line as well as writing an augmented matrix by going through these video lessons. These lessons also will improve your grip on the following potential ILTS Mathematics exam topics:
- Characteristics of a matrix
- Operations with vectors
- Vector spaces
- Function notation
The short video lessons help speed up the preparation process for the exam. Confirm your comprehension of the material by completing the practice quizzes and chapter exam.
1. Linearization of Functions
Over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house we go ... Are we there yet? In this lesson, apply linearization to estimate when we will finally get to Grandma's house!
2. Calculating the Slope of a Line: Point-Slope Form, Slope-Intercept Form & More
Being able to calculate the slope of a line is a very useful skill to have. Why? Watch this video lesson to find out and learn how to find the slope when working with various equations and various lines.
3. Functions: Identification, Notation & Practice Problems
A function is simply a rule that takes one number and turns it into another. But some special conditions must apply for it to be a true mathematical function. Learn about those conditions and how we write functions here!
4. How to Solve a System of Linear Equations in Two Variables
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can solve a system of linear equations in two variables by using the substitution method. Learn how easy it is to use on any linear system in two variables.
5. What is a Matrix?
As math gets more and more complicated and there become more and more numbers flying around, it becomes really handy to put all these numbers in a nice organized grid... hello matrices! Learn about what they are and why there are used.
6. How to Write an Augmented Matrix for a Linear System
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can turn your system of equations into matrix form. The matrix form is another way of writing your linear system that is sometimes easier to work with.
7. Performing Operations on Vectors in the Plane
After watching this video lesson, you should be able to add, subtract, and multiply your vectors. Learn how easy it is to perform these operations and what you need to keep in mind when performing these operations.
8. Vector Spaces: Definition & Example
In this lesson, we'll discuss the definition and provide some common examples of vector spaces. We'll go over set theory, the axioms for vector spaces, and examples of axioms using vector spaces of the real numbers over a field of real numbers.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ILTS Mathematics (208): Test Practice and Study Guide course
- ILTS Mathematics: Concepts & Skills
- ILTS Mathematics: Logic & Reasoning
- ILTS Mathematics: Using Technology for Math
- ILTS Mathematics: Number Theory
- ILTS Mathematics: Solving Number Problems
- ILTS Mathematics: Real & Complex Numbers
- ILTS Mathematics: Measurement
- ILTS Mathematics: Multidimensional Objects
- ILTS Mathematics: Variables & Patterns
- ILTS Mathematics: Quadratic Relations & Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Absolute Value
- ILTS Mathematics: Polynomials
- ILTS Mathematics: Radical Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Rational Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Exponential Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Logarithmic Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Trigonometric Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Calculus
- ILTS Mathematics: Points, Lines, Planes & Space
- ILTS Mathematics: 2D & 3D Shapes
- ILTS Mathematics: Spatial Visualization
- ILTS Mathematics: Congruence, Similarity & Symmetry
- ILTS Mathematics: Probability Theory & Techniques
- ILTS Mathematics: Collecting & Representing Data
- ILTS Mathematics: Using Data to Make Predictions
- ILTS Mathematics Flashcards