About This Chapter
ILTS Mathematics: Multidimensional Objects - Chapter Summary
These effective lessons help ensure you'll be able to correctly answer any multidimensional object questions on the ILTS Mathematics test that you encounter. Some lesson topics in this chapter are:
- Reading and interpreting scale drawings
- Topographic and geologic maps
- Reading and interpreting architectural drawings
- Using estimation to solve measurement problems
- Trigonometric ratios
- Indirect measurement
- Combined figures
Our video lessons help you study quickly, and the quizzes give you the chance to assess your knowledge and skills before taking the real exam. Go online to access these resources, which can be viewed from smartphones and other mobile devices.
1. How to Read and Interpret Scale Drawings
Watch this video lesson to learn how scale drawings and legends are used on maps and blueprints. Learn skills that will serve you well when traveling and when looking at the blueprints of a car.
2. How to Read Topographic and Geologic Maps
This lesson explains the main features of topographic maps, including contour lines, index contours and contour intervals. It will also cover two rules that all contours follow and discuss geologic maps and the information they contain.
3. Practice Finding the Trigonometric Ratios
So you know what sine, cosine and tangent are. Great! But how do you use them? Find out how in this lesson as we find missing sides and angles using trigonometric ratios.
4. Combined Figures: Perimeter, Area, and Volume
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can break up the shapes in a combined figure to easily find the perimeter, area, and volume of the whole figure.
5. Indirect Measurement: Definition & Examples
Learn what indirect measurement is and see what is involved when we use this measuring tool. Become comfortable applying indirect measurement through explanation and examples.
6. How to Solve Visualizing Geometry Problems
A picture is worth a thousand words, but sometimes drawing that picture can be like doing origami with your eyes closed. Practice translating complex problems into simple, meaningful images in this lesson.
7. Solving Measurement Problems with Estimation
In this lesson, we will explain what measurement problems are and show how to solve measurement problems using estimation. We will also look at using conversion facts when solving measurement problems with estimation.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ILTS Mathematics (208): Test Practice and Study Guide course
- ILTS Mathematics: Concepts & Skills
- ILTS Mathematics: Logic & Reasoning
- ILTS Mathematics: Using Technology for Math
- ILTS Mathematics: Number Theory
- ILTS Mathematics: Solving Number Problems
- ILTS Mathematics: Real & Complex Numbers
- ILTS Mathematics: Measurement
- ILTS Mathematics: Variables & Patterns
- ILTS Mathematics: Linear Relations & Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Quadratic Relations & Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Absolute Value
- ILTS Mathematics: Polynomials
- ILTS Mathematics: Radical Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Rational Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Exponential Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Logarithmic Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Trigonometric Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Calculus
- ILTS Mathematics: Points, Lines, Planes & Space
- ILTS Mathematics: 2D & 3D Shapes
- ILTS Mathematics: Spatial Visualization
- ILTS Mathematics: Congruence, Similarity & Symmetry
- ILTS Mathematics: Probability Theory & Techniques
- ILTS Mathematics: Collecting & Representing Data
- ILTS Mathematics: Using Data to Make Predictions
- ILTS Mathematics Flashcards