About This Chapter
ILTS Mathematics: Radical Functions- Chapter Summary
Use these chapter's video lessons to review information about radical functions. By the time you finish this chapter, you should feel more confident in your ability to pass the ILTS Mathematics exam. You will understand the following concepts:
- Radical function
- Solving radical equations
- Solving radical inequalities
- Solving systems of radical equations
The lessons and self-assessment quizzes are designed to help you prepare for the ILTS Mathematics exam. The lessons are organized and formatted in a way that will set you up for success. When you are ready, you can take the chapter test. This test will cover all of the material that was reviewed in each lesson within this chapter. The chapter test has multiple-choice questions that are similar to the questions you will encounter on the ILTS Mathematics exam.
1. What is a Radical Function? - Definition, Equations & Graphs
Radical functions operate very differently than regular functions. This lesson covers the definitions, equations, and graphs that you will need to know to be successful with radical functions.
2. Solving Radical Equations: Steps and Examples
Solving radical equations is not any more difficult than solving other algebraic equations. This lesson will show you how to solve equations containing a square root and give some real-world examples.
3. Solving Radical Inequalities
This lesson will show how to solve radical inequalities using radical definitions and properties. Key terms and radical notes are included to share step by step the method to solve these special types of inequalities.
4. Solving Systems of Radical Equations
This lesson will provide instruction on how to solve systems of radical equations. The definition of a radical equation and systems of radical equations will be provided and examples of how to solve them will be given.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ILTS Mathematics (208): Test Practice and Study Guide course
- ILTS Mathematics: Concepts & Skills
- ILTS Mathematics: Logic & Reasoning
- ILTS Mathematics: Using Technology for Math
- ILTS Mathematics: Number Theory
- ILTS Mathematics: Solving Number Problems
- ILTS Mathematics: Real & Complex Numbers
- ILTS Mathematics: Measurement
- ILTS Mathematics: Multidimensional Objects
- ILTS Mathematics: Variables & Patterns
- ILTS Mathematics: Linear Relations & Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Quadratic Relations & Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Absolute Value
- ILTS Mathematics: Polynomials
- ILTS Mathematics: Rational Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Exponential Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Logarithmic Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Trigonometric Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Calculus
- ILTS Mathematics: Points, Lines, Planes & Space
- ILTS Mathematics: 2D & 3D Shapes
- ILTS Mathematics: Spatial Visualization
- ILTS Mathematics: Congruence, Similarity & Symmetry
- ILTS Mathematics: Probability Theory & Techniques
- ILTS Mathematics: Collecting & Representing Data
- ILTS Mathematics: Using Data to Make Predictions
- ILTS Mathematics Flashcards