About This Chapter
ILTS Mathematics: Trigonometric Functions - Chapter Summary
In this collection of lessons for the ILTS Mathematics course, you will review trigonometry concepts you probably studied in your own school years. As you work your way through this chapter, you will see the following topics:
- Examples of trigonometric functions
- The CLEP calculator
- Trigonometric function values
- Solving trigonometric equations using identities and inverses
- Solving for X
- Solving systems of equations
- Solving an equation with graphs
- Using graphs to determine identity
Our format lets you take each lesson at your own pace and sequence. In addition, the included self-assessment quizzes help you to track your progress before you take the ILTS Mathematics exam.
ILTS Mathematics: Trigonometric Functions Chapter Objectives
Illinois requires all teachers of mathematics to pass the ILTS Mathematics exam for their certification. Questions on trigonometric functions will be found on the Algebraic Patterns, Symbols, Functions and Models section of the exam. These questions will all be in multiple-choice format.
1. Trigonometric Functions: Definition & Examples
In mathematics, trigonometric functions are functions of angles. This lesson will describe the 6 main trigonometric functions, use them to solve problems, and give some examples. The quiz at the end of the lesson will allow you to practice what you've learned.
2. Trigonometry Functions & Exponentials on the CLEP Calculator
In this lesson, review how to use the history on the CLEP calculator as we calculate sines, cosines and the inverse trigonometric functions. Finish by exploring exponentials and logarithms.
3. Practice Problems with Circular Trigonometric Functions
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to use the unit circle to help you find your answer to trig problems without making too many calculations. Watch and learn how you can find your angle in radians on the unit circle.
4. Trigonometric Function Values of Special Angles
After watching this video lesson, you will better understand the six trigonometric functions. You will also know what special angles there are and what the trigonometric values for these special angles are.
5. Solve Trigonometric Equations with Identities & Inverses
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve trigonometric equations by making use of trigonometric identities and inverses. Learn the steps to take to get to your solution.
6. How to Solve Trigonometric Equations for X
Adding trigonometric functions into standard algebra equations adds complexity. Learn how to solve trigonometric equations for x and how to use inverse operations to simplify equations.
7. Solving Systems of Trigonometric Equations
Trig equations get crazy enough, but when you have systems of them, it can get a little overwhelming. In this lesson, we'll explore some easy tactics for make solving systems of trig equations much easier.
8. Solving a Trigonometric Equation Graphically
How can you show someone that you have the right answer? This video lesson will show you how you can do this for a trigonometric equation. Learn what you need to watch for and how to get your answers.
9. Using Graphs to Determine Trigonometric Identity
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to use graphs to determine whether an equation is a trigonometric identity or not. Learn what you need to look for to determine this.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ILTS Mathematics (208): Test Practice and Study Guide course
- ILTS Mathematics: Concepts & Skills
- ILTS Mathematics: Logic & Reasoning
- ILTS Mathematics: Using Technology for Math
- ILTS Mathematics: Number Theory
- ILTS Mathematics: Solving Number Problems
- ILTS Mathematics: Real & Complex Numbers
- ILTS Mathematics: Measurement
- ILTS Mathematics: Multidimensional Objects
- ILTS Mathematics: Variables & Patterns
- ILTS Mathematics: Linear Relations & Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Quadratic Relations & Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Absolute Value
- ILTS Mathematics: Polynomials
- ILTS Mathematics: Radical Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Rational Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Exponential Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Logarithmic Functions
- ILTS Mathematics: Calculus
- ILTS Mathematics: Limits & Continuity
- ILTS Mathematics: Points, Lines, Planes & Space
- ILTS Mathematics: 2D & 3D Shapes
- ILTS Mathematics: Spatial Visualization
- ILTS Mathematics: Congruence, Similarity & Symmetry
- ILTS Mathematics: Probability Theory & Techniques
- ILTS Mathematics: Collecting & Representing Data
- ILTS Mathematics: Using Data to Make Predictions
- ILTS Mathematics Flashcards