About This Chapter
Impact of Globalization on Countries - Chapter Summary
Our professional instructors outline the influence globalization has on the world and the nation's workforce in this helpful chapter. Topics covered here include the ways globalization affects the environment, international trade and individual cultures. We've made it easy for you to study at your convenience through materials accessible 24 hours a day via a mobile device or computer. Before or after reviewing the lessons, take the short, multiple-choice quiz accompanying each lesson to ensure you've understood what you've learned. If you have any questions, our instructors are happy to answer them. After completing this chapter, you should be ready to:
- Discuss the ways globalization affects economic inequality
- Explain how labor conditions are affected by globalization
- Detail the impact of globalization on local culture
- Identify the affects globalization has on the environment
- Describe global environmental law and international treaties
- Outline international government-business relations
- Differentiate the impact of globalization on developing, transitional and developed nations
1. How Globalization Affects Economic Inequality
In this lesson we'll take a brief look at the effects of globalization on economic inequality through hypothetical interactions such as supply and demand, wealth fluctuation, and worker exploitation.
2. The Effects of Globalization on Labor Conditions
In this lesson, we'll discuss the effects of globalization on labor conditions around the world. Migration, worker exploitation, and the roles of unions in improving working conditions will also be examined.
3. How Globalization Impacts Local Culture & Society
Globalization has had many effects on local cultures and society. While there are many positive effects, there have also been many negative effects which influence people's everyday life. This lesson will discuss some of the pros and cons of globalization.
4. How Globalization Affects the Environment
In this lesson, we see how globalization affects the environment. We also look at how regulation and ethical issues impact an organization. Using examples of the mineral, timber, and energy industries, we discuss both short and long-term effects.
5. Global Environmental Law & International Treaties
We all share Earth's resources and must work together to protect them. There are many international laws and treaties dealing with environmental issues. In this lesson, we'll give you a brief introduction to some of the major ones you should know.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 120: International Business course
- Introduction to International Business
- How Culture Affects International Business
- Global Economic Development
- Key Factors in International Trade
- International Trade Management & Regulation
- Exchange Rates & Currency Changes
- International Market Entry Strategies
- Management & Human Resources in International Business
- International Operations Management
- Global Marketing and R&D Strategies
- Communication & Decision-Making in Global Business
- Impact of Globalization on Organizations
- Global Business Ethics
- Future of Globalization
- Studying for Business 120